Project 1 - Larry Rubald

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
Lundholm

Re: Project 1 - Larry Rubald

Post by Lundholm »

I don't know what to say except... it looks... marketable.
Ask yourself if you can buy it from you. It's worth it.
- Nathan Lundholm

olddragon

Post by olddragon »

This turned out really good. I like the quote, to stir the imagination and intrigue in contrast to the minimal visual input. I like the rollovers to give a taste of color. The one thing is that on my screen the lower left buttons are so pale in comparison to the others, that it seems a bit visually frustrating, like my eyes are going bad, which they are, so I don't need the reminder.
Arlene Williams
Old dragons get tired but they can still flame. Beware!

Ravana

Post by Ravana »

olddragon wrote:This turned out really good. I like the quote, to stir the imagination and intrigue in contrast to the minimal visual input. I like the rollovers to give a taste of color. The one thing is that on my screen the lower left buttons are so pale in comparison to the others, that it seems a bit visually frustrating, like my eyes are going bad, which they are, so I don't need the reminder.
That was actually on purpose. They aren't intended to be anything more than little hints of what they represent. Kind of like an easter egg. I mean, one links to code validation, and the other links to the Creative Commons license. I didn't want them to be particularly noticeable. :)
This post has been brought to you by the letter X, the number 5, and Larry Rubald.
"It's irony at a base level, but I like it." ~Bill Hicks

LindsWalters

Post by LindsWalters »

your website came out better than i thought it would. I was skeptical on all of the grayed out icons. but the roll over on them is perfect.
Can't wait to see what the rest of the site brings in the future.
Lindsey Walters

mminten

Post by mminten »

I like the spacing between the icons and the text on the rollover. I think that maybe you could do a rollover effect on the HTML5 and Creative Commons link (even if it is subtle). That way people can get that they are links.
Matthew Minten - GRC 175 - Fall 2011

Rogers_Neighborhood

Post by Rogers_Neighborhood »

All I can really say is great site and really like the simplicity of the design. Good work.
Carrie Rogers

Vi_Vi

Post by Vi_Vi »

Clear and clean site. Really enjoying the rollovers. very nice. very nice.
Vy Tat...

ashleighP

Post by ashleighP »

I love the simple colors and icons. I think it looks really great and it definitely came a long way. Good job!
Ashleigh Porterfield
GRC 175 - Fall 2011

Ravana

Post by Ravana »

I just added a touch of functionality (and an actual reason to use a script other than because I just wanted to)... The quote that shows up on initial load is now 1 of 10 randomly selected quotes. No design changes though. :)
This post has been brought to you by the letter X, the number 5, and Larry Rubald.
"It's irony at a base level, but I like it." ~Bill Hicks

TinaBodden

Post by TinaBodden »

Great job. I like that you kept with your original idea of only using on symbols. The navigations are easy to under stand because of your scroll over facts.
~Tina Bodden~