Project1_Kristine_Toward

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
olddragon

Re: Project1_Kristine_Toward

Post by olddragon »

Just a great site. The roses popping up make me smile.

For some reason it worked so much better on my other computer in Explorer than it does on this one with Firefox. It seems to be getting "stuck" tonight, so that the buttons stop working. Don't know if it is my computer's issue or a Firefox browser problem with your site.
Arlene Williams
Old dragons get tired but they can still flame. Beware!

LindsWalters

Post by LindsWalters »

I love the theme you went with. The whole Wonderland them is great. The one thing that really got me what the flower to click to go back to the main page. It was down in the corner and it got lost to me until, I figured out I need to click here. over all i love the theme. The background works well also.
Lindsey Walters

Ravana

Post by Ravana »

Looks great, though I agree on making the background a little more seamless. Also, I think for the TMCC logo, if it's that small, just lose the "Truckee Meadows Community College" tag line... it's too small to be read anyway. Just use the logo and TMCC.

I too had the same links problem somebody else did... and my only other suggestion is to style your body copy links a bit. (The ones linking to the PDF's for style guide the SNAG.) Either that or have the nav links go directly to the PDF.

Keep up the good work, and grats on your first functional site! :)
This post has been brought to you by the letter X, the number 5, and Larry Rubald.
"It's irony at a base level, but I like it." ~Bill Hicks

mminten

Post by mminten »

Great site, love the typography. It was a little strange when I clicked on your name and was taken away from your site. You could add the code: target="_blank" to your link code (starts with <a href="...). That will make it open up in a new tab or window so I can still see your site.
Matthew Minten - GRC 175 - Fall 2011

Rogers_Neighborhood

Post by Rogers_Neighborhood »

Love the site the only small thing I would maybe change is the tiled background but not a huge issue other than that you did a great job on achieving an Alice theme!
Carrie Rogers

ashleighP

Post by ashleighP »

I love how fun this site is! The only thing I might change would be to make the background image a bit more seamless, as the repeating of the image can be a bit distracting, but other than that, yay! It looks great!
Ashleigh Porterfield
GRC 175 - Fall 2011

Truben

Post by Truben »

Super fun site lol. Like the whole cinderella feel of the website. Overall 8 out of 10 always leaving room for improvement the only thing is the background isnt my personal favorite. Other than that awesome job.

MadBroChadBro

Post by MadBroChadBro »

I love the theme. You did a great job. The font is a little small, but I think that would stay to the theme of Alice in Wonderland. The only thing that I'm not a huge fan on is the way you cut off the picture of yourself. I think you should have shown your whole body. Cutting off at the knees is a tough spot. General rule that the photography teachers teach at TMCC is to cut off at the waist or at the head, but generally at the waist. It is not a big deal, it is a matter of opinion. Great job.
Charlie Lipon
"Why you mad Bro"

TinaBodden

Post by TinaBodden »

Love it Kristine! The whole concept is awesome. Your background compliments your whole website design well. (I need to make some adjustments to mine after seeing yours : )) The rollovers are working well and your text box is very cute.
~Tina Bodden~

Dave

Post by Dave »

i love the background, it seems to me that having it seamless would be better, but the concept totally rocks. i like the fonts, and the body copy is awesome.
David Bjerre

I found sand!