preliminary_proj2_kk

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
Ka80kins

preliminary_proj2_kk

Post by Ka80kins »

Hey you guys!
This is my preliminary for project 2. I am working on Sierra Regional Spine Institute. My mom just so happens to be the practice manager. She is also paying me to re-do their horrible website http://sierraregionalspine.com
take a look!

Anyways the top surgeon that owns this practice is hugely into western, and out doors stuff. They are also proud to be on the Physician Ski team, and would like to incorporate all those things. (sigh)

In my first rough I mainly drove down the western atmosphere, using dark and light wood colors. This site would go onto the faces of the doctors then tell you a little bit about each of them. Then you have two navigations, one up top and a nav on the bottom for a more straight to the point. I like this one a lot actually...

My second one, was definitely outside based. They are spine doctors! So they want you to get up and get moving. If your back hurts this will drive the patient to get better. This rough is has mainly cool natured colors with the navigation tool bar usage as apposed to the first one.

So here are a couple of examples! Please let me know what you think.
Attachments
rough_prt1_spineweb_kk.jpg
rough1_prt2_spineweb_kk.jpg
rough2_prt1_kk.jpg
rough2_prt2_kk.jpg
Kathryn Kennedy

daveryjones

Re: preliminary_proj2_kk

Post by daveryjones »

I DEFINITELY enjoy the top design better. I think your color scheme is working well and your design is very user friendly. I know I talked to you about this design while you were working on it so I love the drop down menu you will have on your unordered list links. You told me the guy you are designing this for likes the western and cowboy style and I think you nailed it. Make sure you pay attention to your margins so that things don't clump together. Especially the spacing around the headline "High Tech Care..."

Great start! Can't wait to see it finished :)
Kind Regards,
Dallas Avery Jones
wooster.avery@gmail.com | (775)338-7346

]“Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality.” - Edgar Allan Poe

j.alexis93

Post by j.alexis93 »

I definitely got a western vibe from the first one. The color scheme and the organization are working pretty well. I feel like having the logo at the bottom leaves a lot of open space on the opposite side.
ALEXIS ROSALES

warren.asher@gmail.com

Post by warren.asher@gmail.com »

I think you should roll with the second design.I think the layout you came up with is working really well, and it looks very easy to navigate. I would suggest using a bolder/ Bigger style/ font for the welcome to of the second design.
-Warren Asher-

natsukigrc175

Post by natsukigrc175 »

I would go with the first one because they better fit to the content and give me professional feeling.
Good color choice too! Nice work!
Natsuki Tonuma

lsimgrc175

Post by lsimgrc175 »

I like the second one a lot more, those drop downs are nice
-End message

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Go with your top design. It's much more western in color and feel. The colors on your second one ... yikes.

I like the layout of both pages on your first design. Kicking off the home page with the doctor bios and then having a large space at the bottom for practice info and treatment advice works well. The colors pay well with each other. Makes me think of barn and western wear colors which works perfectly for the theme you're going for. The navigation is large and easy to read and follow. Very nice use of texture, shadow, and background image throughout. The whole layout is pretty easy to pull info from at this point. It's very clean and simple and made detailed by the drop shadows and background images.

A few things to improve your design. One, try a new font. I get where you were going with the serif type you have, but I find it difficult to read in places, like the phone number in the upper right and your entire inner page. Find another serif font that's a little easier to read. Two, be careful of your margins. "High Tech Care" is too close to your top nav bar, some of the doctor's names get too close to each other. Three, I don't think you need the underlines on your section headers at the bottom. Bold type will suffice.

Good work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

punkassbookjockey

Post by punkassbookjockey »

I like the bios on the first one, but the colors and feel of the second one feels more modern and professional. If you go with bios, they need to be edited. The example feels more like a CV or resume than a bio.
Jena Molina

japanese_panda

Post by japanese_panda »

I like first one!

I do not know what this home page is, but you have nice image and color scheme.

you should make hierarchty a little bit!
Yoshiki Katabami

Computer Lover

Post by Computer Lover »

The first concept reads a more professional manner, and executes the theme much better than the second one. I enjoy the hover feature (I believe that's what it is) of the profiling. The colors are nice and very strong. Hard to say with the logo since it's currently a place holder, but if that's the size, maybe make it smaller.
- Starla Houck