project two rough

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
sara_kennedy1

project two rough

Post by sara_kennedy1 »

This is a website for Pietros Italian restaurant in Sparks, NV. He likes to keep the Italian theme since its Italian food, wine of course. Let me know what you guys think and what I can change or replace.
Attachments
project2_rough2_sk .jpg
project2_rough2_otherpage_sk.jpg
project2_rough1_sk.jpg
project2_rough1_otherpage_sk.jpg

warren.asher@gmail.com

Re: project two rough

Post by warren.asher@gmail.com »

I think the rough 2 one works really well in terms of layout and design. I like your color scheme. I would suggest getting rid of Welcome to blah blah resteraunt in the middle of the page. You already clearly defined the page in the headline up top. It just seems a little redundant. Nice work
-Warren Asher-

j.alexis93

Post by j.alexis93 »

The first one seems easier to read, so i would go with that one. Its a really design, but it works for me. The only downside of using those colors all over the site is that it starts to look kind of "christmassy".
ALEXIS ROSALES

natsukigrc175

Post by natsukigrc175 »

I like your background Italian flag. I would go with the first one but I would get rid of the green box behind the content in inside page because a box in a box makes the whole design a bit busy; the text can stand out by itself. Good job!
Natsuki Tonuma

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

I like your first design based on it's cleaner layout and that awesome Italian flag background.

For real though, that Italian flag background is awesome. I like the subtle use of distressed texture so it looks like it's painted on an old stucco wall. The large pictures of meals work well also. Maybe add some pics of the restaurant throughout the site. The type is well chosen and works with the design smoothly an easily. The navigation is large and easily followed. I like the presence of the contact info in the top right. One of the things restaurant websites always seem to need is an easy way to contact them. You have that here.

The big issue I see with the design is that it has way too many boxes. It needs to be simplified. Take out the box behind the logo and reverse out the type black against the Italian flag. Take out the box behind your navigation and each of the button boxes and revers the text out against your background. Take out the red box and reverse out your layout against the flag. Maybe use the three columns of the flag to make a three column layout! Simplify, simplify, simplify.

Nice work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

punkassbookjockey

Post by punkassbookjockey »

I like the rustic flag and the food pictures in the first design. It does feel a little busy though, you should try to simplify.
Jena Molina

japanese_panda

Post by japanese_panda »

I think first will work better!

You have nice italian flag background!

I think you can change square color on body.

I would like to put white square with opacity, and black type on font!
Yoshiki Katabami

NevadaCowgirl

Post by NevadaCowgirl »

I like your first 2 roughs. I would get rid of the red box and a darker font. Maybe use a dark red instead of white.
Amy Zimmerman

Computer Lover

Post by Computer Lover »

I think the first design works a lot better than the second. I am a little perplexed with the empty space. It probably works, but to me it feels out of place, and the images being at the bottom could probably work better on top? Other than that, I like the two font choices, good on your for making them dramatically different. and seeings as its restaurant themed, the layout colors are perfect.
- Starla Houck

lsimgrc175

Post by lsimgrc175 »

I think the buttons on the first design look a lot better. Also the green text boxes are smaller so they don't eat up the page as much.
-End message