Preliminary Critique for Project#2

This is an archive subforum of the previous version of Project Three. This is for inspiration only. DO NOT POST YOUR PROJECT THREES HERE.
ravennvrmre

Re: Preliminary Critique for Project#2

Post by ravennvrmre »

I think both could work, I don’t really have a preference between the two. For the top design, I know you added the white stroke (or found) on the black type, to read it better against the image in the background but it’s still a little hard to read. Great start though.
Vicki Miller

Game of Potters

Post by Game of Potters »

I like the top layout more. The colors in the image tie in well with your type and make the website feel very dynamic. I would suggest changing the image for each page, but try to keep the colors in the images similar, the golden brown looks great with the layout and type.
Tara Rinehart

nicolemae09

Post by nicolemae09 »

In your second design I like how the image bleeds into the background color. The first background just kind of looks busy with the drop shadowed text on it. If you liked the first I would suggest taking out that drop shadow.

moserary

Post by moserary »

As a history nut and a person who does hand crafts, my preference is the second one. The finished items are missing, perhaps they could be included in the layout of the bench, maybe on a table nearby..? I also prefer the color scheme.