Preliminary Critique Project 2

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
ravennvrmre

Re: Preliminary Critique Project 2

Post by ravennvrmre »

I like the top design for the home page, you don’t need the whole picture and with the top home page design you don’t have to worry about the aggravation of type on a background image. I like the hierarchy of it better too. However, you should have their logo somewhere on the page, I think the corner like you had for the other design could work. For the inside page I would go with the heading on top of the navigation, it makes it feel less cramped and more obvious, since it’s the first things our eyes see on the page. Great start.
Vicki Miller

Game of Potters

Post by Game of Potters »

The first design is my favorite! I like the placement of the imagery and how you played with the headers of each page. I would change the font in the navigation, it's legible, but compared to the lively imagery and the font choice of your headers, it just doesn't match the rest of the design. It seems too "standard". Maybe a typeface that was more stylized?
Tara Rinehart

nicolemae09

Post by nicolemae09 »

I like the layout and photos on your second set more. I enjoy the user friendly layout of your home page. On your sub page I am not feeling the second photo that is separate at the top along with the two logos at both sides. I would find a way to just incorporate one logo and keep just the main image ongoing through your bar or move the bar to the top of the one image.

nikkihillman

Post by nikkihillman »

Definitely the first! I really like the way you're setting the type up. I agree that a few things are clashing, so messing with opacity and saturation can really benefit your design. Nice work.
Nikki Hillman

moserary

Post by moserary »

The images and colors of the second set drew me, but the images are all very similar, the same boats. It made me wonder whether they offered any other type or just those classics. The first set has it all, albeit in a bit of a jumble. Tightening it up will be great and why don't you use that adorable logo more?

Stalksyouatnight

Post by Stalksyouatnight »

I like the one with the boats because the full image inst as affected as the one with the log cabin. There is also more to the one with the boats, so there is that.
“From this moment on you are a rock. You absorb nothing, you say nothing, and nothing breaks you.”-Frank Underwood.

My name is Zackary Hughes if you were wondering.

Ka80kins

Post by Ka80kins »

I like your first one. It has a more calming atmosphere, also easier to read.
Kathryn Kennedy