Prelim project two

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
ravennvrmre

Re: Prelim project two

Post by ravennvrmre »

I really like your designs, they look amazing. However, looking at the original site, and I know that green and red peach they chose are awful branding colors, but they might get touchy about you changing them. I can see in the first design that it looks like you went with a darker and paler version of their colors but they don’t really read as their colors anymore. If none of this bothers you and you feel like the client would have no problems with this change then disregard what I’ve said. For the bottom design the pink type is a little hard to read, maybe a darker color. Great start they really do look amazing.
Vicki Miller

Game of Potters

Post by Game of Potters »

Of the two, I like the layout and design in the second one more, but I adore the colors and imagery in the first. It matches their print layout more, and gives the site a fairytale feel. So, I'm a jerk and I want you to combine the two.

If you don't, I'd pick the second design, but I'd have you darken the pink as a text color. On the light silvery blue the type gets a little lost in places because of the script typeface.
Tara Rinehart

nicolemae09

Post by nicolemae09 »

I am enjoying your second design more. Its just bright and more fun. Your first design makes me think grandma a little bit. Your second one makes me think cupcakes. I would add maybe some more imagery of cupcakes.

nikkihillman

Post by nikkihillman »

The second one is working a lot better for me. I enjoy the typefaces and the colors, the logo idea is a good one..Consider it!
Nikki Hillman

moserary

Post by moserary »

Yep, the second ones. The mid-century style brings to mind the mid-century moms, who reportedly also made cupcakes from scratch. I agree on more cupcake pictures, and please don't forget that Batch has a line of gluten-free beauties, too.

Stalksyouatnight

Post by Stalksyouatnight »

I'm preferring the page layout with the cupcakes and the diamond buttons, both sites suffer from not being readable. There isn't a clear difference in value with the font and background.
“From this moment on you are a rock. You absorb nothing, you say nothing, and nothing breaks you.”-Frank Underwood.

My name is Zackary Hughes if you were wondering.