GRC Web Site Preliminary - Tucker M

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.
Blackfïsk

GRC Web Site Preliminary - Tucker M

Post by Blackfïsk »

So I decided to to a simple color palette that is taken from the GRC logo I made in GRC119. I chose the color Pantone 17-1463 which won color of the year in 2012. The website designs are inspired by flat design and simple shapes and simple minimal layout. That's about it :p

Even though the color schemes are the same these are my two designs, the reason there isn't an 'inside' design is because they are both just tabbed, so the design won't change besides the actual text information...

Idea 1

Idea 2

papasmurf124

Re: GRC Web Site Preliminary - Tucker M

Post by papasmurf124 »

I like The first Idea. It is a simply yet clean layout. Cant wait to see which one you go with. I like the pop up tab info idea as well.
Robert Freudenthaler

punkassbookjockey

Post by punkassbookjockey »

The first one is my favorite. I think you need to play around with the transparency of the images to make them pop. Really strong start.
Jena Molina

sierra_style

Post by sierra_style »

I like your first layout interesting angles working there, but that nav bar on the second page where the links turn into part of the page when selected looks very clean!
Mark Sinnott

j.alexis93

Post by j.alexis93 »

I like the angled picture element of the top one. I know you like that color, but it could easily be substituted with TMCC green if it came down to it.
ALEXIS ROSALES

warren.asher@gmail.com

Post by warren.asher@gmail.com »

I like the first idea more than the second. I love the transparency and images. I would work on the color scheme
-Warren Asher-

daveryjones

Post by daveryjones »

I like the first one because it is more dynamic. Why not use TMCC's color somehow? Maybe as an accent color or something. Good start!
Kind Regards,
Dallas Avery Jones
wooster.avery@gmail.com | (775)338-7346

]“Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality.” - Edgar Allan Poe

natsukigrc175

Post by natsukigrc175 »

I like the the first idea as everyone does. It is more dynamic and interesting to look at! I like how you created the logo on top. Good work!
Natsuki Tonuma

nicolemae09

Post by nicolemae09 »

i really enjoy the simple and clean layout of the design. Have you tried using our tmcc green in place of that red so that it pertains to tmcc a little more?

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

You've got two really good designs going here, Tucker. I wish I could have seen the "inner" pages for each, but I understand your reasoning.

Both designs are really strong, but I slightly prefer Idea 1 over Idea 2. It's brighter and more image heavy which will better sell a visual communications education. I like the departmental eyeball logo you've designed. You should pitch it to Dan. The design uses contrast extremely well, with the white, red, and black playing off each other both in harmony and in contrast depending on the circumstance. I like the subtle background photo as well. It adds a nice little bit of texture to your whole design. Your navigation is large and easily readable/usable. I even like the degree buttons that look like they were made by a label maker.

The TMCC logo green is a little clashy. Maybe use the alternate white or black versions of TMCC's logo in your designs. Watch the spacing on your buttons too, it looks a little uneven. Finally, I think the design would pop even more if the image group at the left side were fully opaque and not slightly transparent.

Fantastic work! I just wish there was more of it ...
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173