Project 3 prelim

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.
lsimgrc175

Re: Project 3 prelim

Post by lsimgrc175 »

The green thing above GRC is a 3-legged gecko
-End message

punkassbookjockey

Post by punkassbookjockey »

I like the first one too. Cool font for GRC. I don't know what else to say, there's not enough up to comment on.
Jena Molina

sierra_style

Post by sierra_style »

I like the first one more better contrast. I like how the TMCC in the bottom right corner doesn't have the little bubbles in the background in it. I think if all the buttons didn't have it in them and it was a background element it would set them forward awesome. If that makes sense haha?
Mark Sinnott

natsukigrc175

Post by natsukigrc175 »

I like the black and green rough. It is more like tmcc website. I like the graphic on the bottom too though I don't know how do you make use of them.
Natsuki Tonuma

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Wow! I've come across a set of designs where there's a high contrast one and I actually like the other one better. Is my love of contrast waning?

I really like your second one out of this group. The vibrance of your RGB color scheme really jumps out at the eye and visually expresses graphic design quite nicely. You have lots of room for whatever layouts you desire (too bad we didn't see any of them). Your bottom navigation is well placed and serves as a nice unifying element from page to page. I like the consistent logo placement as well. The user's eye will gravitate there and start their page navigation from there. It almost pulses from home page to inner pages.

You don't need the screened back polka dots on the home page. A white background works fine on your inner page and it will work fine on your home page. The dots add needless complexity. Also, the "GRC" font is not working very well with either of your designs. Try a simple bold or black sans-serif type.

A very good start, sir.
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

Computer Lover

Post by Computer Lover »

While I do like the color of the second concept, the first one is much stronger and displays the school's colors. I like the choice of font you used for GRC, and am vastly interested in what it looks like with content. Overall the design is very strong and appears very modern.
- Starla Houck

moserary

Post by moserary »

The black one seems a bit more professional, balanced, and the color scheme is in line with other TMCC sites.