your thoughts? prelim

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.
punkassbookjockey

Re: your thoughts? prelim

Post by punkassbookjockey »

You have two really good starts. I love the navigation on the first one, and would add that if you are considering the GRC program you will know to look for navigation and appreciate the "game" of finding it. It anticipates your audience. I also like your pencil and want to see both of those elements in your final. The top one does suit the program better, it's my choice.
Jena Molina

sierra_style

Post by sierra_style »

I like your first design more. That lizard image split into boxes was a very cool idea! I think that if you can layout the body copy and images in the container a little more as part of the layout it would be awesome. Nice work though!
Mark Sinnott

nicolemae09

Post by nicolemae09 »

I like the folder layout more, but i am not really feeling the pencil at the top. Could you maybe incorporate the cool cube image from the first layout.

natsukigrc175

Post by natsukigrc175 »

I like the second rough over the first one! There is no contrast issue and interesting to look at. I like how you display the nav too. I would only try to change the font of the web title or you can make it fatter.
Natsuki Tonuma

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Hm. Interesting.

I too like the tabs one slightly better. It fells more fun and creative and I think that's important for students of a visual communications program. The warm colors of your tabs work well with TMCC's ... unique ... green. I think the single page, tabbed navigation format should work well for presenting the information. You have a nice little area to present whatever you want in terms of layout and imagery. And having your navigation visually centered in your design works surprisingly well too. You've then got room on either side. I like the current left/right divide between text and images.

One thing I do like about your first design that you can carry over into your second is the photographic background. I think having a photo in the background will add some texture to your design. It doesn't have to be a full color image like your first design, it could be a faded background image like Tucker has on his Project 3 roughs or Alexis has on his Project 1 homepage. I also don't think you need the white boxes behind the content. Your colors are, by and large, light enough. Maybe play with some subtle textures as well.

Nice work.
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

Computer Lover

Post by Computer Lover »

Both are good, but I like the strong imagery of the first concept with the background image. The lowers opacity of the div box allows the body text to be easily read. If you had to go with either, I would choose this one.
- Starla Houck

moserary

Post by moserary »

The first set is definitely more interesting. It's also much more professional and a great use of the mascot! The text boxes might need a bit more color/less fade, they are awkward to read..?