Project 3 Prelim

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.
nicolemae09

Re: Project 3 Prelim

Post by nicolemae09 »

I like the darker color pallet, also the image chosen is pretty cool. I think it is simple enough that you can find a more interesting text for at least the headline.

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Ah. The point of the assignment was to deviate from TMCC's current branding to create a more visually exciting website to sell potential graphics students on our program. Using the top bar from the current TMCC website doesn't help that mission.

From what you have provided though, I would say your second design is the better of the two. The first is too much of a rehash of the current TMCC website.

I like the sketch gecko. He provides some nice texture and artistry to your second design. That design uses contrast pretty well too. You've got nice, large, content areas for you to fill with whatever layout and imagery you so desire. Image choice will be critical here. Make sure you pick images that communicate and reinforce your message on the website.

I'd make the gecko more transparent on your home page, you loose a bit of the type in him when the two cross. On your inner page, rotate him so he fills a little more of the open space to the left. The bodycopy should be white on both pages and a little lighter font too.

A good attempt.
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

ravennvrmre

Post by ravennvrmre »

I don’t have a favorite; I like the green swirl thing in the top design. I like the lizard in the bottom design but I don’t like the scribbled in look. Maybe have a solid color of green with some swirl designs around it or on top of it almost like markings; I think that would still have the homage to design that you wanted while looking a little more polished. Great start though.
Vicki Miller

moserary

Post by moserary »

(Better late than never?)

The first set, definitely the first set. The graphic is a MUCH better representation of graphics students' capability than the lizard. Although the layout is extremly close to the existing TMCC pages, perhaps that is a requisite..?