Project 3 Prelim

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.
sierra_style

Re: Project 3 Prelim

Post by sierra_style »

I think I like your top designs more, minus the drips off of it. The home A nav bar is very cool with the mountains off of TMCC logo, maybe you could keep that element and combine it with the top design how the river makes the navigation. Not sure if it would look good just wondering if it could work. Good work though!
Mark Sinnott

natsukigrc175

Post by natsukigrc175 »

I like the first one because it looks more like tmcc, but It is very hard to choose so far until you add some text and pictures on the container. I like how you choose the photos though!
Natsuki Tonuma

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

They are pretty similar.

I think I like your second one (home2 and sub2) over your first. I like the blend of digital and hand painted looking elements in the top left corner. The photgraphic background is a strong choice as well and provides a really nice foundation to work with. I also like the different photos for different pages. I think that's a good look. Your text area is massive, so you can do pretty much whatever you want with your layouts. I even like the matching semi-transparency.

Where it misses the mark though is in contrast. All of your content, from your textboxes, to your title, to your navigation blends together. You need to introduce some dark colors in there for the light ones to play off of, otherwise everything will turn into a big light blur. Also your navigation text is massive. Crank it down a couple of font sizes to give it some margin. Right now it's way too crowded.

A good effort.
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

ravennvrmre

Post by ravennvrmre »

I like the mountains with the circles behind them but the colors are too bright and saturated for me, I would change the Graphic Communications to black as well its hard to read. I also like the mountain drawing behind the navigation in the bottom design. As far as layout they’re all pretty much the same. Good start though.
Vicki Miller

Computer Lover

Post by Computer Lover »

I like Home A with the mountains and color. It reminds me the most of our school over the second concept. I do feel like the drastic change between the two pages makes it difficult to associate the two of them, so unifying the design between the two pages would make it less disorienting.
- Starla Houck

moserary

Post by moserary »

The header of Home A is so interesting, I would prefer to see it on all the pages. The colors all seem to coordinate, albeit using the ever-loving TMCC green, but it's nicely blended. Interesting!