prelim Three

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.
sierra_style

Re: prelim Three

Post by sierra_style »

I like your second design, I agree with Robert and a wave nav could be a very interesting way to integrate the nav right into the layout.
Mark Sinnott

nicolemae09

Post by nicolemae09 »

I think the pen one shows more creativity and just has more potential. Its different. I think it could hold some more content for sure. I would like to see some more graphics within the layout.

natsukigrc175

Post by natsukigrc175 »

I like the second one. It is more clean and easy to read the text. You did good on making the pen graphic. I would only add the bottom margin on the logo upper left corner because the blue graphic is touching on the logo now.
Natsuki Tonuma

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Conceptually, I like your second design better. It's simple, clean, and iconographic. I'm a fan of single page eternally scrolling websites, so I look forward to seeing you put it together. Keep it simple and graphical and it should work nicely. I really like the pen icon with the psychedelic "GRC" in the ink droplet. That's a strong icon. That or other icons like it should appear elsewhere as well. Your text is easy to read and the fonts are well chosen. The navigation arrows guide the user nicely through the levels of your scroller. You've got a large layout area to insert whatever content you desire, be it images or text.

I'm not sold on the green and blue though. TMCC also uses black and white as colors, so if you want to use those to contrast with the colors, please feel free. I concur with you that it need a more thorough navigation than just an up and a down arrow. A proper menu will really help people out. I'd also like to see what that logo would look like without the oval. Let the text make the oval.

Good work.
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

ravennvrmre

Post by ravennvrmre »

Both could work. I like the grc pen so I would put that into whatever one you went with I would also change the blue logo for that design to green. In the top design, instead of the purple I would go with the green and for the green type I would go with black or white to keep it all consistent. Great start though.
Vicki Miller

Computer Lover

Post by Computer Lover »

I pick the first concept over the second, as it does stand out better and have a more appealing image that dominates the design. The colors are a little off, so either picking a different background color or a different font color (like white or yellow) could help with the design more and make it easier to ready. Maybe even some graphic communication images in the body text too.
- Starla Houck

moserary

Post by moserary »

I hope you went with the second one, it's amazing. The font color does need a bit of tweaking...