Projetc #3 - Preliminary Critique

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.
nicolemae09

Re: Projetc #3 - Preliminary Critique

Post by nicolemae09 »

oooo I really like both a lot. I enjoy the graphics of the second one and I like the minimalist look of the first one. It would be cool if you could bring in aspects of both layouts.

natsukigrc175

Post by natsukigrc175 »

Super cool! I like the both design. I like the icons and how clean the layout is on the first one. I like how you use the tmcc color and graphic for the second one too. I think either works, so you can make a decision. It is hard to pick up but I may choose the second one only for the reason it looks more like tmcc website.
Natsuki Tonuma

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Wow! :shock: That brush stroke design is awesome. I'm showing it around my studio at work right now.

The brush strokes just give it so much texture and really move the eye from the top left to the bottom right, guiding the user through the content. Great use of full page background images to add further texture. Great use of contrast on the entire design. You've also managed to make TMCC's color not hideous, which is impressive. The type is both readable and legible even when it's artfully mashed together in your titles. Nice font choices as well. They really separate headings and bodycopy nicely. Your navigation is large and easy to find but does not dominate the design. Good use and placement of images.

Watch your leading on the bodycopy and left sub navigation type. It's a little vertically crowded. That works fine with the title type at the top left, but not so much with the smaller type throughout your design.

Top shelf work, sir! I'm really looking forward to seeing the live version of it.
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

ravennvrmre

Post by ravennvrmre »

I really like both. I like the painted look that you gave to the bottom design. Though, I like the icons and the color changing that you planned to have in the top design. I don’t have anything negative to say or change. Great start.
Vicki Miller

Computer Lover

Post by Computer Lover »

The second one is very cool, and I like the subtle background picture in the back that gives the web page some dimensions. The brush strokes that line about the page also look very sharp and interesting. Overall the font choices are great and so is the composition. I can't find anything wrong with it, except for the gaps between the header and body on the left nav.
- Starla Houck

moserary

Post by moserary »

Definitely the second set. And definitely agree with Tucker on just a touch of overuse of the swiping. Perhaps just reducing the big white one a bit would help..? Brilliant work!