Project 2 Preliminary Critique

This is an archive subforum of the previous version of Project Three. This is for inspiration only. DO NOT POST YOUR PROJECT THREES HERE.
ariaaearnest

Re: Project 2 Preliminary Critique

Post by ariaaearnest »

Hey Lauren!

I really like your first design and i think it's the stronger one of the two. The homepage looks really good and the color and texture you use on the background really bring it together. I defiantly agree with you about the bio being too long. I would shorten it and divide it up so it doesn't look like a huge wall of text. Other than that It looks good.

Aria
Aria Earnest

dazey_duck

Post by dazey_duck »

Hello, I really like what you did with your first designs. It really goes along with the work the author created and I also enjoy how bold you navigation is on the side of the page rather than the top or bottom. I think you should find a more creative layout for the bio page since it is very heavy with text, maybe break it up with a bold quote here and there.
Kaylyn Dazey
GRC Student at TMCC

dbranby

Post by dbranby »

I've gotta go with the first design ... intriguing, beguiling, really draws in the reader. For the target audience (genre lit readers), you can't go wrong associating the author with a cultural touchstone. Good luck on the build!
— David Branby