Project 3 Preliminary

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.
nicolemae09

Re: Project 3 Preliminary

Post by nicolemae09 »

I like the eye graphic one better. I am not quite feeling the yellow color scheme. Its super bright and obnoxious. Maybe you could tone down the saturation a little bit.

natsukigrc175

Post by natsukigrc175 »

I like the second one! Its very clean and the graphic which you created is great. Only thing is that the yellow is too bright, so I would lower the saturation or change the yellow into another color.
Natsuki Tonuma

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

You've got yourself a nice little first design here Warren. I rather like it.

The photo background on the home page starts off very strong. It's a nice overview of our classrooms and provides detail to a simple, clean design. I also really like the color wheel eyeball logo you designed. It summarizes the program very well. The header and footer acting as framing devices for your design is a nice touch. Good use of contrast throughout, too. Your navigation is large and easy to read/use. The inner page is nicely laid you with good margins and is easy to read. Good bios on the instructors.

My wolf parents taught me the fundamentals of design.

I'd keep up the photo background theme throughout your design with a different background photo on each page. Watch your margins on your top bar and around the logo in your footer, too. Things seem a little crowded. Watch your capitalization on your buttons too. Make 'em all caps or all caps and lowercase mixed. Though it might be kind of cool if the page you're on had it's button in caps. See what that looks like and if it's good, run with it.

Nice work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

ravennvrmre

Post by ravennvrmre »

I like the eye that you made it screams design. But I don’t like the colors in either design. If you go with the top design I would stick with the background image but on every page; same with the eye logo on either side of the header. With those big differences its hard to tell that those pages go to the same website. I like that for the bottom design the homepage has the eye logo but giant that’s cool. Great start.
Vicki Miller

Computer Lover

Post by Computer Lover »

The first concept because it's more visually interesting, however the two pages look far too different from each other. Unifying them will solve confusion that might come of it. I do like how the instructors are displayed with the information slots. That looks well, but the green stands out too much. Maybe switching it to something a little more relatable to the the dominating color.
- Starla Houck

moserary

Post by moserary »

I hope you've softened the colors on the second set...that "Pantene Eye" or whatever is amazing and could be ispiring to a would-be graphics student!