Project 3 Prelim

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.
natsukigrc175

Re: Project 3 Prelim

Post by natsukigrc175 »

I like the layout of the first one, but I like the green gradient background on the second one. so I would combine them! Great work!
Natsuki Tonuma

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Oh nice! You've got two pretty good ones here.

Your first one is a cut above your second one though. It's open and airy, rather like the pictures of the Red Mountain Building you've chosen. It's a great platform to put forth content whether it's pictures or text. I find what you are doing typographically on the titles very interesting as well. It reminds me of an artsy magazine. The image area at the top is very strong too, perhaps a good location for an image slider. In fact, the heavy use of imagery throughout your design is very strong. It enables you to communicate non-verbally to prospective students. Your navigation is large and easy to find without being dominating and your bodycopy is nicely organized into columns. Again, like a magazine.

I'm not sold on the crooked TMCC logo on your homepage. I'd straighten that out. Also, watch your leading. Your bodycopy is smooshed together vertically. You might want to add a little TMCC green as an accent color; perhaps as a rollover color.

Very good work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

ravennvrmre

Post by ravennvrmre »

I like both designs. For the top design I would change the white background to tmcc green. For the bottom design I’m not sure what happened but at the bottom the tmcc logo is cut off. Great start though.
Vicki Miller

Computer Lover

Post by Computer Lover »

The first one is very nice and I like the emphasis on the font and choices of word. It does very well to send a message across, not to mention the choice of font works well. The design is a little too black and white, so perhaps using the school's color for some of the font would spice it up just a bit.
- Starla Houck

moserary

Post by moserary »

The second set works much better for me. It seems so much less cluttered, uses interesting images, and the slant to the boxes creates a subtle interest. Perhaps a bit on the green side, but that's a great introduction to TMCC!