roughs for project 3

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.
nicolemae09

Re: roughs for project 3

Post by nicolemae09 »

I like the idea of the desktop image if you can make it look a little cohesive. The background image is not very good quality and I think you could find better. I am not really feeling the navigation bar, it would be cool if you could find a way to incorporate it into the tool bar on the screen or something.

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Hmmmmm. I'd say I like your Mac design better. It's got a clean high tech feel, but also some warmth to it from the obvious study background it's in. I like the concept of having the website be a reactive computer as your interface (perhaps "Graphic Design" can glow on mouseover). Your navigation is large and easy to find/use. There's also a surprising amount of room on the monitor for whatever layout you want to put on there.

The text in your buttons are different sizes. Remember to build your buttons to the size of the largest word or phrase you intend to put in them and then work down. Then again, your navigation might work better as a black nav bar across the bottom. Try that out and see how it works. Also, try a sans-serif type. The italic serif type is not really working with the Mac. You might want to look for a different Mac picture as well, one that's a little more straight on. It's going to be tough to make live type look good on that monitor at an angle like it is.

Good work. I like your idea.
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

ravennvrmre

Post by ravennvrmre »

I really like both designs. I like the computer since we use them so much in our program (the galaxy background on the screens really pretty). Maybe change the white body copy to black though it gets kinda hard to read in a few spots. I second one shows a little bit more of tmcc with allllll the green. Maybe to incorporate a little bit more of the graphics elements and have a picture where the black is or you could take out the black all together I don’t know that its really needed. Great start.
Vicki Miller

Computer Lover

Post by Computer Lover »

I do find the concept of the computer screen very intriguing and fun to look at. It pretty much sums up our degree in one glance as far as where we spend all our time. Nothing is inherently wrong with the design overall, but the computer is all nice and slick, and modern, and the navigation is just blocky. It doesn't tie in well to the rest of it. Same goes for the navigation text. The blocks should have rounded edges to match everything else, and the font should be sans serif to fit the rest of the modern design.
- Starla Houck

lsimgrc175

Post by lsimgrc175 »

I like the first one a lot more, just a bit more tweaking of fonts and perspective on the monitor

Stalksyouatnight

Post by Stalksyouatnight »

I like the Mac layout better, but the buttons seem out of place. The second one looks better in the sense that everything is easily readable.
“From this moment on you are a rock. You absorb nothing, you say nothing, and nothing breaks you.”-Frank Underwood.

My name is Zackary Hughes if you were wondering.

moserary

Post by moserary »

Love the Mac concept! It does need a bit of tweaking, hope you found time. Perhaps remove the cpu portion of the computer and use the space for the text everyone says is lacking..?