Kaylyn's reuploaded project three

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
raoki

Re: Kaylyn's reuploaded project three

Post by raoki »

Woow those are so cute and make me feel like I gotta go get some nice deserts...lol

I really like the borders on the second design, but I'd like to read body copies with the white background as the first concept. Definitely, you should use the tmcc logo without the square. Really good job!!
Remi Aoki :D

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Ooooooh so PINK! Those designs are about as far away from the TMCC website as you can get, at least tonally. I like your style.

I prefer your first set of designs better, I think. I really like it's contrast, from the pitch black to the hard white, with lots of pink and yellow in between. The colors are so strong in this design and really serve as great accents throughout, especially the pink bar to the left side. The top navigation is bold, well placed, and easy to read. I like the repetition of the circle element from your logo on to your inner page as titles. Good use of typography throughout your design as well. The weights, typefaces and colors serve to bring a tight unity to the design. The cartoon girl with the Buster Gun is a hilarious mascot as well. I see you had too much fun coming up with her.

Just a couple of areas of improvement that I see. You need to watch your margins a little bit. I think the "Associate of Applied Science" text is a little close to your TMCC logo and needs a bit of room to breathe, perhaps the same distance as your "Home" button is from your logo. You also need some vertical margin between your class listings on your inner page and the pink rules you have surrounding them. I also think all your bodycopy, particularly on your inner page, could use a couple of points of extra leading between lines.

Excellent work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

kaycee_weddell

Post by kaycee_weddell »

I love how unique and fun these are. The colors pop and look so great together, however I do agree with some of the previous comments that maybe these are a little too specific. I'm not saying these are bad designs because they are not. They are very nice. I think they would be a little stronger if maybe you included some kind of art or designs so people can get a visual of what graphic communications is all about:)
Kaycee Weddell

dzynecin88

Post by dzynecin88 »

I really like your first set of roughs. Great color scheme and layout! The second one is a little too pink for me, and I like the contrast the black and white provide in the first set. You did a great job creating an interesting, yet informative site!
Cindy Salyer

KamiGurl

Post by KamiGurl »

Hi Kaylyn,

Oh my gosh, They're PINK! and I love it! I love how different they are! I do have to agree with some of the comments tho, that they don't really show GRC. However, I think if you add some artwork in the background or making your artwork bigger with text over it, that might help your design. I'm leaning more towards the first one (with the white background) because it's easier to read. Other than that, keep with the Pink, I love it and great job with your artwork! I think that adds your personality to it and helps to identify with the GRC program. Good Job on your last layouts Kaylyn! And good luck with your build!
~Kami

gr8ful1

Post by gr8ful1 »

Both very good designs, I actually like different parts of them equally! I like the graphics more in your first design, and the overall page layout. I like the circle headings as well, they really draw my attention. I think both are well balanced even though they are not symmetrical, which makes them both visually interesting. I really like the bars of color on your second design, and wouldn't mind seeing them put into your first design. Great job!
Kirsten Sorensen

ariaaearnest

Post by ariaaearnest »

Hey Kaylyn

While I love your designs I have to agree with everyone else in that it seems to shy away from the grc theme of the school. I definitely think you can show off your illustrations though. As much as I love pink I would use colors more related to our school, you can still keep them bright. As for the layout I like your first design more, though either one can work. If you do go with the second design make the background color much lighter so the text is easier to read.

Aria
Aria Earnest