Preliminary Critique For Days

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
wendy_boddy

Re: Preliminary Critique For Days

Post by wendy_boddy »

I like both the symmetrical and asymmetrical layouts. The self portrait in both is cool because its a tad sepia. I like the city images in the second layout and am curious what your logo will look like. The project one and two buttons in the second layout are very clear. Looking forward to seeing you develop either. But I do prefer the second for navigation purposes.

See you Thursday!

Wendy

ryansegal

Post by ryansegal »

Steven,

Right off the bat, these designs have some very interesting aesthetics working for them. They definitely stand out amongst the designs with straight 90-degree edges to them. Personally, if the pieces of each design were to fit together a little bit more cohesively (similar angles, but not necessarily touching), then it would certainly be a very dynamic website.

I prefer the second rough to the first one, more for the layout than for the colors. The imagery is interesting, but the "About Me" text really has to compete to be readable over that busy background. The colors give off a sort of 50s vibe to me--sort of subdued. One thing that you could look at no matter what you choose is the typeface you're going to use. A clean, thick sans serif typeface might work well, with the perfect 90-degree angles providing contrast to the oblique angles of the rest of your design.

I'm looking forward to how these turn out in the final critique!
Ryan Segal
Radical Boy on a Mission

hummela

Post by hummela »

I think im liking the first one more, not a bright but eye catching.. i like the use of your lines moving my eye around the page.. which is good thing.. and i like the photo.. now is this you? or how you want your your photo to look like?
Alexa Hummel :)