Preliminary_Critique_Project_1

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
Miasera

Re: Preliminary_Critique_Project_1

Post by Miasera »

Hey Alexa,

Of these two, I like the first layout best. While the second layout has good composition, I feel that compared to the first one it seems to standard and uniform. I like the circle ideas of the first one, and while it doesn't have any rigid borders or columns it is still fairly organized. I especially like the idea of the daisy petals appearing on each page, connecting every page to one another. My issue with it is that as the rough is presented, it almost seems to have too much floating going around, so should you go with this one then I look forward to seeing it in Photoshop!
Cristina Sánchez
|| Certified Turtlefied

ryansegal

Post by ryansegal »

Alexa,

The top design is a nice idea. I like the incorporation of the project links as part of the flower petals, though I'm not sure how well it would work out. Everything seems to float on the page, however, unless you had plans to put some imagery behind everything. It's a good start.

I think your second design is the way to go, though. It's got very good organization and good potential to it. If you were to maybe drop the opacity of the box in front of the image, or perhaps choose a color that fits well with the image, it would definitely be a great unified design. I'm looking forward to the final critique!
Ryan Segal
Radical Boy on a Mission

schakarun714

Post by schakarun714 »

Hey Alexa, you have some cool designs here but i really like the creativity of the first design. I like how you used the flower petals as your buttons and the layout is really simple and neat. i think a little bit more color would look good too.
Shalie C. Forever Dreaming