Project One Final

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
kiwakom

Re: Project One Final

Post by kiwakom »

Your logo and signature are amazing! I really like it!
The layout is also great.
Great Job!

Kiwako

dboudinot

Post by dboudinot »

Hi Justine,

I think your concept turned out awesome. The sketch book idea is really fun, and you managed to balance your minimalist look in your final design. Great Job! The only thing I would adjust is the text at the bottom because it feels a little out of focus.
Dominique Boudinot

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

This design just has such a strong feel and character to it. It's like a New Yorker cartoon but as a web page.

Yet another great example of minimalism with another nice personal silhouette logo. You guys are really hitting 'em out of the park. I like the sketchbook made out of implications as a framing device. It feels very simplified and comfortable. The bodydcopy and navigation type work well. I like the splash of color to emphasize things and draw the eye around the design.

About the only thing that doesn't work for me is th font along the bottom of the sketchbook. I'd've used your script font from the drop cap. Also I think you could enlarge your logo a touch.

Excellent work Truly excellent!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

georgia_novotny

Post by georgia_novotny »

Hi Justine,
I really like the simplistic feel of your home page
It feels very classy and feminine with your logo and signature, which look great.

There is a lot of negative space even though your going for a sketch book look it just feels kind of empty.
Most sketch books are full of stuff and often cluttered and unorganized at least mine is, lol.
I would like to see your logo and signature bigger and the body text moved down to give more room for that.
I think the body text is taking up too much room and the star of the design your logo and signature needs to be center stage!

Hope some of that help but its all personal preferences.
Looks good and nice job.
Georgia

gotsatisfaction247

Post by gotsatisfaction247 »

Very cool idea! Defently shows originality!! Would be cool if it would of flip pages as you push navigational buttons! but it probably will be way to much work. As far as modifying something, i might try and make our the words/navitaional buttons on you left a little bet bolder. Otherwice great concept!!

old_man_pat

Post by old_man_pat »

Yes Justine, this is quite nice! Your minimalist design to me fits the elegant, sophisticated urban girl....the 'Breakfast at Tiffany's' motif we discussed. I very much like your logo. Combined with your signature, it adds a very personal touch to the whole design. Same with your pink handwritten letters that begin your navigation buttons and paragraph. Yet the use of white space in both the logo and layout fits the animator very well, leaving an 'open' canvas coupled with a touch of mystery that will be answered when the visitor follows you on your journey .... all just a click away. I look forward to seeing your other work. As for suggestions, I agree that the faint handwritten text at the footer needs to be modified, and the surrounding line made a little more thick. Also, with such an abundance of white space, I agree that enlarging your logo would once again help emphasize you as the centerpiece. Nice work!
Patrick Smith
“To find yourself, think for yourself.”
-Socrates

ryansegal

Post by ryansegal »

Hey Justine,

You're right--this design does speak to your personality a lot better than did your first set of roughs, obviously the logo being the greatest example of this. I think either your background color or the paper color needs to differentiate itself from the other, because as it stands it's very difficult to tell that they're actually a different color, and it makes the whole design a little plain. Also, I think your signature might work a little better in the design if it were centered. I'd be interested to see how you plan on laying out the pages with a little more content, like the project pages, but I guess I'll see that in the next project. Great job!
Ryan Segal
Radical Boy on a Mission

Miasera

Post by Miasera »

Hi Justine!

I'll start by saying that I like the notepad look you have going on, and of everything about your design I like your head mark the best. Your single accent color is great, and your font choices match each other well. The only issue I see is that it feels like it has a bit too much white space, but other than that you did a great job.
Cristina Sánchez
|| Certified Turtlefied

dzynecin88

Post by dzynecin88 »

I really like your design. It's simple, hip and chic and yet personal. Your choice of color is great and the "less is more" concept of where you chose to use it is working well. Very nice!
Cindy Salyer

anna_lyse

Post by anna_lyse »

I really like the minimal color you used in your page, and how you used the color thats in the page to really accent things like the navigation section or your body copy. The concept you chose for your website, basing it off of a sketchbook, really highlights who you are.
Annalyse Klekar