Project 1 Final

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
schakarun714

Re: Project 1 Final

Post by schakarun714 »

I really like this layout, it looks very clean and simple. all of your elements work well together.
Shalie C. Forever Dreaming

dboudinot

Post by dboudinot »

Hi Kiwako,

I think your home page is interesting. I like the vertical composition the image creates, and your placement of your content is unique. The image looks a little grainy to me, so if you could adjust that I think it would be perfect; other than that you have a really strong design.
Dominique Boudinot

steven_dickson

Post by steven_dickson »

Kiwako! This has a professional business look about it!. I feel the elegance through the screen. Nice work!
Stay Classy

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Another evocative design. I'm very impressed with the work I'm seeing in this class.

This is a deceptively simple composition. Firstly, it's a textbook example of asymmetrical balance. There's very few elements, but placement and content really helps set a mood here. The bamboo forest establishes a peaceful overtone and then the clean layout slowly feeds you it's content. The semi transparent black box stands out from the image without overwhelming it. And the information within is presented in order, from navigation, to bodycopy, to emphasized topics, to logo. A clean progression. The minimal use of color and excellent use of contrast help to sent the tone without overwhelming the image.

The only things I'd tweak would be to find a higher resolution bamboo forest picture since I can see some pixelization and make the bodycopy a justified block of text rather than left aligned.

Really nice work, Kiwako. Outstanding!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

ryansegal

Post by ryansegal »

Hi Kiwako,

Great looking design! I like the simplicity of it, but it looks very professional. One thing to consider, have you thought about using the typeface you chose for your logo for the page name? I think it could help create a sort of bookend effect that would tie the whole thing together.
Ryan Segal
Radical Boy on a Mission

ElizabethBrass

Post by ElizabethBrass »

Hi Kiwako,

I like the uniqueness of your design. It is a very professional looking design. great job!
Elizabeth_Brass

old_man_pat

Post by old_man_pat »

Kiwako, I'm taken with this design. The setting of the photograph is fantastic and leaves me awe inspired (thanks for the Showers Lake tip by the way....sounds like a nice hike). The semi-transparent box stands out quite well, and I appreciate the layout within as well. I very much like both the font for your name and your asymmetrical logo. I also like how you've balanced the coffee image and camping picture. Apart from the minor typos, the only thing I would consider changing would be the camping image within one of the two circles. It leaves me guessing more about the content (who? where?) than it provides. Perhaps you could increase both images or keep only one with some modest tweaks in the layout? Nice design!
Patrick Smith
“To find yourself, think for yourself.”
-Socrates

gotsatisfaction247

Post by gotsatisfaction247 »

Cool design, looks unique!!! I like the style you have going on. I might twick the backround picture, modify the contract a little bet to refine the image. Great work!

georgia_novotny

Post by georgia_novotny »

Hi Kiwako,
I really like your photo of the bamboo forest. It looks very peaceful and brings me into the webpage with a welcoming feeling.

Im not sure about all the info in the black box at the bottom of the page.
It just seems a little crammed. maybe play around with it a little more if you have time.

Otherwise it looks good.
Nice job!
Georgia

Miasera

Post by Miasera »

Hey Kiwako,

I'm glad you went through with using this particular design and went with the suggestions of improving the leading for your copy. I can't think of anything else you could do to improve it, I think it's great as it is!
Cristina Sánchez
|| Certified Turtlefied