Project 1 Final

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
dboudinot

Re: Project 1 Final

Post by dboudinot »

Hi Patrick,

I think you centered your page around the "film theme" in balanced and appealing way. Your project buttons are clever, and your about me portion stands out. I don't think the page needs to be improved, but if I had to pick something, I would say make sure the text in the footer has equal margins on the left and right side. That would tighten up the alignment in the footer just a little. This web page is old school and awesome. I am a sucker for themes. Awesome Job!
Dominique Boudinot

steven_dickson

Post by steven_dickson »

Pat!
This definitely has you written all over it! I like that the buttons are part of a film reel! It's a very easy to understand design with a good flow. Good work Man!.
Stay Classy

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

You've got yourself something really nifty here, sir.

I'm really digging the sepia tone, Old Hollywood feel you've got going on here. The metal strips at the top and bottom to frame the whole composition really work well. The logo and navigation typography are well chosen. The embossing work on your logo is very subtle but it creates a nice effect of being hammered into the metal. I also like having the class information off the strip at the bottom so it functions purely as a frame. Nice work on butting your project buttons into film frames as well. Such a neat atmosphere this creates.

In fact, the only issue I have with it is that your bodycopy and class info seem to pinched still. You need to widen them and give them room to breathe.

A really great design. Outstanding work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

gotsatisfaction247

Post by gotsatisfaction247 »

Great work, also I very like the picture of the old camera in the backround. Everything work! No major chnage. There is somthing about the TMCC logo, but I am not sure what, maybe the placement or that it is scewed or somthing, but it is so little that it is hardly notisible. Good start!!!

hummela

Post by hummela »

i like the theme of your layout clean and neat... i also like how you used the film strip for your navigation very cool!
Alexa Hummel :)

georgia_novotny

Post by georgia_novotny »

Hi Patrick,
I really like your changes as it made the design more successful.
I like how you have the film stripe with the project links on it, that looks really cool.

I think there's very little I would do... its pretty good as far as what else you can do to it.
Maybe you could center the navigation bar even more since there is a little gap in the middle that looks a little out of place.

Great work, looks good.
Georgia

kiwakom

Post by kiwakom »

I like your color choices and font choices. The sepia tone is looks nice!
The layout is also good! It's so clean.
Good job!

Kiwako

ryansegal

Post by ryansegal »

Hi Patrick,

Your design shows great advancement over the rough! Everything seems a lot more cohesive and intentionally placed, and changing that background image really fits the rest of the classic design. I think the TMCC logo is a little small, but that's really one of my only suggestions for you. Great work!
Ryan Segal
Radical Boy on a Mission

Miasera

Post by Miasera »

Hey Pat,

I love this design, I think you did a good job of communicating the ideas you wanted to when you presented your roughs and I like that you went with the camera route. It's easy to navigate and has a nice flow to it, though the paragraph block still seems a bit small. Other than that, good job!
Cristina Sánchez
|| Certified Turtlefied