final_project1_Amy_red

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
schakarun714

Re: final_project1_Amy_red

Post by schakarun714 »

This looks awesome, most deff think this is your style.
Shalie C. Forever Dreaming

dboudinot

Post by dboudinot »

Hi Amy,

Your artwork is very good. I really like the color choices and use of line. I agree that the buttons are confusing and should be titled, but maybe when you make the actually website, everything will make sense. Good Job!
Dominique Boudinot

steven_dickson

Post by steven_dickson »

Holy Crap! I looked at this for like fifteen minutes! I like the Colors and the lay out. You might have already discussed this. But I couldn't really tell if your layout is just art work or if text is going to be in there. And Don't forget your picture of you Yo! This is Awesome Though!!!
Stay Classy

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Interesting design you've chosen here, Amy. Interesting indeed.

For all of the complexity of the individual elements, the layout of the website is very clean. You have your content area, your navigational area, and your title all sorted out. Black is a good background color for this one. It allows the native colors of your content to really pop. The red, orange, yellow and gold colors work very well together. I'm really digging the southwestern vibe you have going on here.

My only problem is with your navigation. You've got nice placement on it, but it seems to be "mystery meat" (i.e. people have to roll over a button to find out what it is). That confuses users. It's always best to label your buttons when you can. Also, you've got a little too much hyphenation in your bodycopy paragraphs.

You've got yourself a neat southwestern look going here. Nice work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

georgia_novotny

Post by georgia_novotny »

Hi Amy,
Wow... your homepage screams design!!!
Its very intense feeling and you know your on a artists/designers website.
I love the feel it gives off when you first look at it as I love lots of detail.
It reminds me of the beadwork done in Mexico.
Very nice style to it.

I think you should put your name somewhere thats more legible.
You can't really read/see it because its kind of hidden in between the navigation and the artwork.
It would be better for you to give credit to yourself and give your name justice!
Don't hide it, shout it like your artwork.

Hope that helps.
nice work
Georgia

gotsatisfaction247

Post by gotsatisfaction247 »

THANK YOU VERY MUCH EVERYONE FOR SUCH A NICE FEEDBACK AND SUGGESTIONS, I WILL DEFENETLY PUT THEM TO USE!!! YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME! I ENJOYED SEEING EVERYONE'S CREATIONS! LOTS OF ORIGINALITY TALENT!

old_man_pat

Post by old_man_pat »

Amy, this abstract artwork is amazing! It's easy to spend time getting lost in its rhythm and flow. I also like the color scheme which is set against the black background. I feel I'm getting a glimpse into your heritage, creativity and philosophy, while still wanting to see more. Very interesting! The only suggestions of course--even after reading your introductory explanation--would be the need for labels to identify the navigation buttons before the cursor rolls over them, and tweak the body content so there are no hyphenations. It looks like you've already posted that you intend to do this, so that aside...your artistic talent really shows!
Patrick Smith
“To find yourself, think for yourself.”
-Socrates

ryansegal

Post by ryansegal »

Hi Amy,

Your design has a great bold quality to it, which is greatly helped by your artwork. I like what you've done with the body copy over your image--it creates a great border. As some others have been saying, the navigation doesn't work very well if you don't where you're going just by looking at it. Visitors would end up having to memorize which button is which to navigate easily. All that aside, your design is organized very well, and of course represents you nicely as well.
Ryan Segal
Radical Boy on a Mission

kiwakom

Post by kiwakom »

Your artwork is amazing! That's so nice!
But I think you can choose other font for your body copy or increase the leading.
Great job!

Kiwako

Miasera

Post by Miasera »

Hey Amy,

I like where you went with the final design, and it's definitely creative and demands your attention. However, it feels as if the headers could be improved upon. Maybe even kerning would help with that, especially when you're working with slab serifs. Aside from that, good job.
Cristina Sánchez
|| Certified Turtlefied