Project 2 Preliminary Roughs

This is an archive subforum of the previous version of Project Three. This is for inspiration only. DO NOT POST YOUR PROJECT THREES HERE.
old_man_pat

Re: Project 2 Preliminary Roughs

Post by old_man_pat »

Hi Dominique, I'm drawn to rough #1 the most. I like the idea of using silhouetted images to capture an adventurous African setting (makes me think of King Solomon's Mines), which matches their logo. The tree plays out nicely against the backdrop. Like the others, I would suggest moving the menu to the top for ease of navigation and consistency with the other page. I would slightly modify the opacity of the background color for the paragraphs on the 'About Us' page--just enough to provide contrast for readability, as with the circles on the home page. Also, just a thought ...perhaps an image somewhere, no matter how small, that goes beyond the mention of their location in the paragraph content, and illustrates the location, i.e., silhouetted State of NV in a smaller part of the layout, etc? I thought part of their marketing emphasis would be a safari experience unique to the Sierras. These are strong designs and a big improvement over their current site.
Patrick Smith
“To find yourself, think for yourself.”
-Socrates

gotsatisfaction247

Post by gotsatisfaction247 »

Beautiful work, both of them are good changes! But the brown version is just too good!!! I defenetly would go with that one. There is nothing that I would change, it all works great. Myabe you can drop the transepersy of the text boses a little bet more to better see a the interesting shape of the tree a little bet more. Amzing Start!!!

justinepaigek

Post by justinepaigek »

Hi, Dominique!

You've got some pretty solid starts on all of these! I like that the imagery takes up the whole background on the first design, but I somehow prefer the layout of the second concept. If there's any way to combine the two I think it would make for a great-looking website! Also, I like that instead of rollovers, your links have an image indicating on which page the user is currently on. The paw print is fun and playful, and I like it better than the safari truck. What might make it better, though, is to enlarge it, and instead of having it to the side of the link, behind the text instead, in a contrasting color. Just something to consider :)
"I believe if you look hard, there are more wonders in this universe than you could ever have dreamed of."

Van Gogh said this. Not the real one, probably, just the one in that episode of Doctor Who.

ryansegal

Post by ryansegal »

Dominique,

I like both sets of roughs so far! The first set has a great savanna color scheme, and the second has a great clean layout to it. I think the first works better with the logo at the moment, but that could be fixed easily by just bringing that color into more places in the design. While I sort of like the idea of the icons that show what page you're on, I think that they're a little too big. Shrinking them down a bit and maybe trying them above the page name might be a good idea. Looking forward to the final critique!
Ryan Segal
Radical Boy on a Mission

wendy_boddy

Post by wendy_boddy »

Nice job on both. I love the silhouettes on the brown version. I prefer the brown one because it draws my eye in with the warm colors and the layering of silhouettes. It haas depth.

wendy

kiwakom

Post by kiwakom »

I LOVE your rough 1 design!
The color choice and animal is looks amazing!
Good job!

Kiwako