Projecr 2 Roughs

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
rrodriguez

Re: Projecr 2 Roughs

Post by rrodriguez »

Kiwako, both layouts are wonderful. You could use either one beacsue they are just that great. The layout with the wood in the background is my favorite. Both layouts are just so professionally done. The photos you are using are awesome, I can tell you went the extra effort and took those photos yourself, which is totally cool. You did such a great job with font choices, color schemes and use of photos. It all balances out so well. This company need to hire you as their web designer if they have any sense. The logo is great as well. I have nothing to suggest here. You did an awesome job
"Something profound and awesome here and here and here..."– Rosa Rodriguez

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Nice! That's a strong set of layouts, right there.

I'd say your second one just edges out your first design, solely on the basis of that wood background. You have great use of images on both. I really like the big, bold, strong top images on both your home and inner pages. Both pages have large eye catching pictures of your product (pizza) as well. A great example of non-verbal communication and informational hierarchy.

The semi-transparent navigation at the top is large, easy to read, and use. I like that it highlights what page you are on. A nice little touch.

Your typography could use a bit of improvement. I like the font choice and I think it works well with your design, but on your inner page you use the same boldness for your headline and subhead as you do on your bodycopy. I'd either use a bolder version of your font for the headline and subhead or a lighter version of your font for your bodycopy. Perhaps you could use different colors for your headlines and bodycopy.

Also on your home page, I would scoot up the "Monday-Friday: Pizza Special - 4 to 6PM" line a bit. It's awfully close to the yellow day circles.

Excellent work, Kiwako. I really like what I'm seeing.
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

gotsatisfaction247

Post by gotsatisfaction247 »

Good Start, I like the idea of the second desing, but I like the sizing of the first one. In other word the image compered to the size in the first one is too big. if u keep first option I would change the yeallow circles to something else that will correlate with other colors on the site.

justinepaigek

Post by justinepaigek »

Kiwako, GREAT designs! These really do justice to a restaurant which I'm trusting has some pretty delicious food if you frequent its location. The first design would function just fine, but I like the image used in the second, it gives it a warm, homey feel and definitely someplace I'd like to visit for a sub.
"I believe if you look hard, there are more wonders in this universe than you could ever have dreamed of."

Van Gogh said this. Not the real one, probably, just the one in that episode of Doctor Who.

ryansegal

Post by ryansegal »

Kiwako,

I like both of these designs! They're really nice and clean, but it's definitely apparent what the websites are for even from a distance. Between the two I'd probably have to pick the first designs (with the image of the guy). The only improvement I would suggest is moving the navigation bar to the top of the whole box, while still leaving it somewhat transparent. I look forward to your final website!
Ryan Segal
Radical Boy on a Mission

Miasera

Post by Miasera »

Hey Kiwako,

I've been to the Pub N Sub once before, and with that in mind I definitely favor the second one. Both layouts are clean, organized, and easy to navigate, but the second one seems to have more of the feel the Pub N Sub's atmosphere creates. And if your target demographic is university students, it definitely helps to provide that cozy and home feel while still being dynamic and looking professional. Great job and I look forward to the final result!
Cristina Sánchez
|| Certified Turtlefied