Project 2_Preliminary comps

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
wendy_boddy

Re: Project 2_Preliminary comps

Post by wendy_boddy »

What happened to the line ... "A real Western store for real cowboys" ? lol. IThe contrast of turquoise and brown is one of my favorites. I'm loving the top one. The background image choice is warm and inviting, but also makes the images pop. The left hand navigation bar is very easy to read and find what type of clothing or apparel i want to purchase. I also like the headers of both top layouts. I see the cowboy i have always been on the home page and now I can buy the boots on the second page.

good job!

wendy

gotsatisfaction247

Post by gotsatisfaction247 »

Tramendous difffernce from nothing to faboulues!!! I like them both, but the one with the brown colors gives off a very strong confedent vibe. Nothing negative to comment. Out of cerriosity, where did you get all the pictures from if there was nothing on the original website, did you contatcted the store and they sanded to you or you actually to the pictures!!! This is very very good!! One of the best so far I seen in this calss!!

ryansegal

Post by ryansegal »

Matthew,

Both of these are great, but I have a preference towards the first set of roughs. The monochromatic color scheme lends itself more to the cowboy aesthetic than the blue. However, I like the other set for its more modern layout and images. Either way, great start; look forward to the final build!
Ryan Segal
Radical Boy on a Mission

justinepaigek

Post by justinepaigek »

Goodness, Matt! These are awesome! While both would serve easily functional websites for this company, I really like the first design. The color scheme just feels more warm and woodsy and country to me. The only thing I suggest is doing something about the buttons advertising the social media buttons at the footer, just because it throws me off a little bit. Putting "Follow Us" might not even be necessary, perhaps bumping up those buttons in place of the text (as most of the target audience are probably aware what facebook/twitter/instagram are), or placing it altogether below those links and centered, with the "follow us" smaller but still legible. Can't wait to see the finished product, though I'm confident whichever you choose it will be awesome!
"I believe if you look hard, there are more wonders in this universe than you could ever have dreamed of."

Van Gogh said this. Not the real one, probably, just the one in that episode of Doctor Who.

wendy_boddy

Post by wendy_boddy »

I'm not sure what happened but I have had to redo a bunch of my critiques? I wrote yours last night?

anyway,

I live the top one with the warm embossed leather background. It makes the pictures pop! Plus turquoise really contrasts with brown very well. Good job on both. You are an awesome designer.

wendy

kiwakom

Post by kiwakom »

Great job!
I personally like the first design.
The photo is really nice ,and the font choice is great.
In the second page, the title, "western boots", is hard to read a little bit because of white color.

Other than that, your designs are awesome!

Kiwako