1st roughs for project 2 for prelim critique

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
gotsatisfaction247

Re: 1st roughs for project 2 for prelim critique

Post by gotsatisfaction247 »

I very like the images and the way you made the circle button imges on the button in the upper rough, looks cool. I might think about taking the text of the zoo name in green and typing it the same it is in logo, or taking it away coplitly. also consider about deliting one logo and two zoo names, since you alreay got 3 of them on the home page. I think just one big one in the header will do its joB. Great Start!

justinepaigek

Post by justinepaigek »

Hi, Georgia!

Though the first layout is visually more exciting with the colors and imagery, I'm not sure that the design is as fluid or easy to navigate. I definitely prefer the second layout, the colors and navigation are aesthetically more pleasing. I suggest adding a link for "birthday parties", just because I feel that's an important service the zoo offers, and I wouldn't know how else to find it in your current list of links as a regular user. Also, I suggest not using All Caps for all the type, nor would I recommend everything be italicized as it is.
"I believe if you look hard, there are more wonders in this universe than you could ever have dreamed of."

Van Gogh said this. Not the real one, probably, just the one in that episode of Doctor Who.

ryansegal

Post by ryansegal »

Georgia,

As they are right now, I prefer the first redesign. I think the second roughs have too many patterns happening and it distracts from the overall design a bit. However, I think that especially for a zoo design, the imagery can be very important. Those big images with the logo on them work very well, so if you just removed some of the distracting elements, it could be an amazing design. These are some great roughs, though, so I'm looking forward to your final design!
Ryan Segal
Radical Boy on a Mission

Miasera

Post by Miasera »

Hey Georgia,

Of these two I'm definitely favoring the second rough, it has the same colorful and welcoming atmosphere of the first while being far less busy, and I like the rotating photos idea. My only question is, would the bodycopy also be underlined...? Other than that, you're off to a good start.
Cristina Sánchez
|| Certified Turtlefied

kiwakom

Post by kiwakom »

I think the second design is better because it's less busy than first design.
I like the layout and color choices.

Good start!

Kiwako