Roughs2_by_Amy

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
georgia_novotny

Re: Roughs2_by_Amy

Post by georgia_novotny »

Hi Amy,
I like both your designs more than the original website.
You have taken their very basic website and you have added life to it!
Both designs work but I would take some of each design and combine them>

I really like the scrolling design and composition look/feel over the darker composition.
I like the banner of the scrolling one and font you used for it, definitely gives off a kids feel.
Also, I like how the photos go in a flowing pattern down as you read.

I would add the color navigation bar to that design, to give it more of a fun kid look.
I also think adding some color text into the info/headings would be fun with the colored navi bar.
To kind of balance out the colored navigation bar.
I would also think about adding some color into the banner its really grayish/gloomy.

Hope some of that helps.
Looks good, nice job.
Georgia

wendy_boddy

Post by wendy_boddy »

I think both designs are a good start. I do however think the greyscale backgrounds for either is a little dark for a pediatrics website. i would play with color for either design. I would choose a color palette from one of the websites that have color wheels and stick with a set of colors. I'm think the scrolling site will work best because you will have a lot of info to display.

good start

wendy

gotsatisfaction247

Post by gotsatisfaction247 »

Thank you everyone for a great comments, I good some great feedback on how to make this better!

justinepaigek

Post by justinepaigek »

Hi, Amy! These are great starts. I favor the endless scrolling layout over the other. What I would suggest though, is changing your color scheme or at least, switch up what you've currently got. You have the right idea with the rainbow buttons, but the main imagery is so gray and bleak, and you have to remember this website if for children's healthcare. Think, what would a child like to see when going onto this website? Would they feel excited about the colors and images they see or would they feel dread because the hospital is already a scary place (particularly for a child with a terminal illness)? Think of what you see when you enter the children's ward in a hospital. Everything is swathed in bright colors and patterns. I'm not saying go crazy and make us taste the rainbow, but consider an analogous scheme or similar with good, solid, and visually-pleasing colors. You can go simple with the design and let the colors shine, and even dial down the chroma on your buttons and make those grey if you'd like. Just something to consider. That being said, I enjoy the image on the bottom with the book and the doodles coming out of it. It adds a fun, whimsical touch. Perhaps the image you have at the top can resemble children's drawings, in a white, chalky stroke, which might look nice against bright colors.
"I believe if you look hard, there are more wonders in this universe than you could ever have dreamed of."

Van Gogh said this. Not the real one, probably, just the one in that episode of Doctor Who.

ryansegal

Post by ryansegal »

Amy,

Between the two I think I like the continuous layout better. I think that if you're going to use their logo, you should make it the headline rather than your own type. I like where it's headed so far though, so keep it up!
Ryan Segal
Radical Boy on a Mission

wendy_boddy

Post by wendy_boddy »

I like that you have the city in the background, but I would not use the gray throughout the website as a main color. Maybe a cream or taupe with the black. Or two shades of the same color, but something bright and happy because it is a pediatrics website.
The scrolling page works great!

wendy

Miasera

Post by Miasera »

Hey Amy,

I think you're off to a good start with the layouts, though the first one feels stronger. It's more neat and organized and displays the information clearly, though i"m not entirely sure on the predominantly monochrome color scheme for a pediatrics page. The continuous scrolling idea worries me a little too, as someone who usually does internet browsing from their phone. Sitll, it's a great start!
Cristina Sánchez
|| Certified Turtlefied

kiwakom

Post by kiwakom »

I think the rough 1 is better choice.

I like the idea of scrolling page idea.
Also, I like the bottom image. That's cute.

Good start!

Kiwako