Project One, Preliminary

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.

Which do you prefer?

Concept 1? (dark blue)
50%
Concept 2? (green)
50%

Total votes: 6

punkassbookjockey

Re: Project One, Preliminary

Post by punkassbookjockey »

I like the second one because the colors work well together. The contrast needs to be adjusted, but that is an easy fix. The first one would be improved by coordinating the colors with the pictures.
Jena Molina

natsukigrc175

Post by natsukigrc175 »

I like both in terms of layout but I might choose the first one and change the typeface for the title upper right. Also I would use different pictures for each box. I think you did good on your color choice!
Natsuki Tonuma

warren.asher@gmail.com

Post by warren.asher@gmail.com »

I really enjoy the look and layout of the second one. I would choose a lighter value color for the body copy as you run into contrast isssues with the black type and dark background.
-Warren Asher-

nicolemae09

Post by nicolemae09 »

I think I enjoy the first concept for the brighter colors. Something that is kind of throwing me off in that concept is the random fonts. I feel like there is no unity between the different fonts that you have, maybe work with those a little bit. :)

-Ashley Anderson

ravennvrmre

Post by ravennvrmre »

I like both but I think I like the top better. I like the branch off to the side and then the flower fields on the other side, it seems more interesting to me. I don’t know about the colors on the top one though, the about button is hard to read and the white on orange is too. Maybe, if you went with a darker orange or for the white on orange change the white to black. If you go with the second, (the colors really work for this one) the black paragraph is hard to read, it blends in with the background, so I would suggest either a box or a lighter text. Overall great start, keep it up.
Vicki Miller

sierra_style

Post by sierra_style »

I think that the large image being covered by boxes in the first one is a very cool concept showing depth. I also really like your color contrast on the second one that is working very well! The left side of the first one seems like it could be more exciting in some way since the right is so unique.
Mark Sinnott

seancl123

Post by seancl123 »

I really like both of your designs they both are very clean and crisp. I like the box idea on the first one for your buttons. What i didnt like was the colors of the font and the color of the background they are a little close to the same hue and makes it blind a little so play with the color a little and i think they would be great designs.
Sean Lee

Oreo_Chaos

Post by Oreo_Chaos »

I like the layout and color scheme of the 2nd entry. Maybe if you could use the organization of the 1st one inside the 2nd.
Matt Beach =

Mulato, Esoteric, Hedonist

dzynecin88

Post by dzynecin88 »

Both designs are great, but I think the blue and orange has more impact. I really like your use of typography, complimentary colors and the overall layout. The nav words could maybe be just a little bit bolder. Very cool designs, both of them.
Cindy Salyer

Computer Lover

Post by Computer Lover »

I do find both of them enjoyable, though I enjoy the green/orange concept more.

While the blue is nice, it appears a little judicial, like I'm on a law firm site, but it's still nice.
- Starla Houck