Preliminary Critique for Project#2

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
Computer Lover

Post by Computer Lover »

I find the second second rough to be more appealing. I enjoy the wooden background and find the composition a little more grounded than in the first. The font is easier to read and the layout overall is better to work with. The colors work well together, and I even enjoy the accented orange. It couldn't hurt to try a lighter shade, though.
- Starla Houck

Game of Potters

Re: Preliminary Critique for Project#2

Post by Game of Potters »

Of the two, I prefer the one with the wood background. I think it delivers all the associations you were going for: quality, homemade, classy. I approve of the use of large images to set the stage, but I agree that the type is lost on the background in the first rough.
Tara Rinehart

nicolemae09

Post by nicolemae09 »

I like your second composition. It flows nicely and is easy to look at.

nikkihillman

Post by nikkihillman »

I also prefer the second one. Even though the first has great imagery, the second is easier to read and works a bit better. Good work!
Nikki Hillman

moserary

Post by moserary »

The first one, while it looks delicious, is difficult to read and the image is so big it evokes gluttony. The second ones are much more (ahem) tasteful. The wooden background does just what you wanted it to, sends everyone to their Grammy's kitchen. Nice!

Stalksyouatnight

Post by Stalksyouatnight »

I prefer the page layouts with the close up shoots of the pies. The fonts are a little hard to pick out from the back ground, maybe if you made it more apparent it would be more legible.
“From this moment on you are a rock. You absorb nothing, you say nothing, and nothing breaks you.”-Frank Underwood.

My name is Zackary Hughes if you were wondering.

Ka80kins

Post by Ka80kins »

I like your second one! It looks yummy and easier to read. Good job tho!
Kathryn Kennedy