Project 2 Preliminary Crit

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
lsimgrc175

Re: Project 2 Preliminary Crit

Post by lsimgrc175 »

I like the layout of the first one more. The red bars are nice, just play around with photo layout a bit more
-End message

ravennvrmre

Post by ravennvrmre »

I like the bottom one with the stone background, I feel like it says more about restoration then the top one, but the top has their branding colors. I think if you go with the top one then you should add an image of one of their buildings, I think it’s the missing piece for that one. Great start though.
Vicki Miller

NevadaCowgirl

Post by NevadaCowgirl »

I like version #1. I like how the background is brick and goes with the restoration of older buildings. Very nice start to an awesome website.
Amy Zimmerman

Game of Potters

Post by Game of Potters »

The first design is cleaner and very well organized. The spot color lends to the eye, guiding rather than distracting from your design. The bricks feel a bit too busy for a background image. The layout of the images fit well with each other in your first sample. If you could, I would showcase the architecture in your header somehow, or have it as a recurring element.
Tara Rinehart

nicolemae09

Post by nicolemae09 »

I am leaning towards your second layout. I like the texture in the background. What is turning me away from the first and is almost starting to on the second is the HUGE body of text. I feel like for a home page to much text can turn people away.

nikkihillman

Post by nikkihillman »

I think the first one has more potential. But showcasing the buildings and the images will really bring it together. I kind of feel like there's a disconnect. Good start!
Nikki Hillman

moserary

Post by moserary »

The second one is the website of a company that is inspirational and creative. The brick texture evokes their passion for history. The first one is pretty standard, except for the neat pictures of beautiful old buildings.

Stalksyouatnight

Post by Stalksyouatnight »

I like the first layout only because the second one with the brick design comes off weaker than the simple one.
“From this moment on you are a rock. You absorb nothing, you say nothing, and nothing breaks you.”-Frank Underwood.

My name is Zackary Hughes if you were wondering.

papasmurf124

Post by papasmurf124 »

I feel as a designer you'll pick which ever one you want to work on. Work on the layout a little more on the second one. (with the brick background) Make the above picture and the pictures below line up to the right. See if that helps. Also ask the instructor about borders. I think a brick border that is half broken or under renovation would work for a text box.
Robert Freudenthaler

Ka80kins

Post by Ka80kins »

Well i do like your first one but you could definitely use better pictures for background images which I'm sure you can find on Google. The buildings are awesome and you should base your design on the structures.
Kathryn Kennedy