preliminary_proj2_kk

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
ravennvrmre

Re: preliminary_proj2_kk

Post by ravennvrmre »

I personally like the top design, the wood’s a nice touch, very homey, and it seems more applicable. I think it’ll just depend on what you’re emphasizing, the Reno area or the homey feeling their facilities gives the viewer on their page. For the bottom design, maybe tone down the scenery, I can read the body copy but I keep wanting to focus on the background instead (nice images by the way). Great start.
Vicki Miller

Game of Potters

Post by Game of Potters »

I think the top design has more of a professional feel, the bottom sample's color and imagery seems to relaxed and vacation like. I would however, cut off that large area of open space in the home design. You don't need it. The logo could be placed smaller up with the navigation, and the quick links section could be cut out, that is what the navigation is for.
Tara Rinehart

moserary

Post by moserary »

With apologies ahead of time, the first one did not have the "feel" of a medical practice. To be honest, I didn't even see the backgrounds until I went back a second time and then it made me feel claustrophobic, like a dusty, straw-filled barn would. (And I love that lifestyle!)

The second one made me feel healthy. It's a gorgeous, fresh-feeling, professional site. Perhaps if you found a similar photo but with wild horses in the background their cowboy side would be satisfied?

Try to keep in mind it's patients who'll be looking a these, not necessarily web designers. I've had a couple of major spinal surgeries; I would be more inclined to trust the physicians behind the second site than the first.

nicolemae09

Post by nicolemae09 »

I am enjoying the second version just a tad more. I think its the graphic and color palette that's making it stronger for me. I am not liking the font used, ostly the font for your buttons and drop down menus. Its just a little blocky i think.