Preliminary Critique for Project#3

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.
natsukigrc175

Preliminary Critique for Project#3

Post by natsukigrc175 »

Hi, this is the roughs for preliminary critique project#3.
For the first design, when you rollover the title in the middle, the navigation bar will showing up and it takes you to the other pages.
For the other second rough, the direction is simple and clean. I don't really try to add "fantastic" elements on it, but I will add some nice effects such as media query and position fixed to focus on "how things show up", not "what is showing up."
Attachments
rough2.jpg
rough2_1.jpg
rough2_2.jpg
rough1.jpg
rough1_2.jpg
Natsuki Tonuma

lsimgrc175

Re: Preliminary Critique for Project#3

Post by lsimgrc175 »

I like the floating text on the first version but I think overall the second one is a lot better for this type of site.
-End message

ravennvrmre

Post by ravennvrmre »

I really like both of your designs. They're extremely crisp and professional looking, while still clearly representing tmcc rather than any ol' college. The only comment I have is on rough1 (going with your naming of the actual files, so the bottom design) there's a white strip in between the green and olive (brownish-olive?) that isn't there on the top. I would make it the same so both top and bottom with a white strip or both top and bottom without. In rough1, I like the integration of the mountain in the content, its a nice touch. For rough2, I like the idea of your rollover title/nav, its more unique I think than rough1. Amazing start, cant wait to see the final version.
Vicki Miller

Ka80kins

Post by Ka80kins »

I like the first one. Its clean and simple, but straight to the point.
Kathryn Kennedy

daveryjones

Post by daveryjones »

I LOVE your top design. Not only is it clean and simple, it is visually appealing, easy to navigate, and still interesting. I find it to be professional and classic. I love the colors, type, and imagery.
Kind Regards,
Dallas Avery Jones
wooster.avery@gmail.com | (775)338-7346

]“Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality.” - Edgar Allan Poe

sara_kennedy1

Post by sara_kennedy1 »

I like the first one, its clear and easy to navigate throughout the website.

-Sara Kennedy

j.alexis93

Post by j.alexis93 »

The first one is more interesting. Having the open background like that is a cool idea and it's working really well. I just think it might be too simple.
ALEXIS ROSALES

warren.asher@gmail.com

Post by warren.asher@gmail.com »

think your rough1 works a lot better than the other one. I really like the line going through the TMCC logo. I would add a little more dark green, since the values are so light.
-Warren Asher-

japanese_panda

Post by japanese_panda »

I like top one.
I like the ides of floating words, so I would like to keep the floating words in body copy also.

Nice work!
Yoshiki Katabami

Blackfïsk

Post by Blackfïsk »

I like the square bounding box around the text on the first one, I would work on the background image however, your current image is too busy, I would either find an image that has very little information (stuff) where that text will be (like a blue sky with no clouds or some kind of ground) or you could just make a white background and put it on top and just lower the opacity so the photo only barely shows through.