Preliminary Critique #3

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.
daveryjones

Preliminary Critique #3

Post by daveryjones »

So for my website, I wanted to go relatively simple. For my first design I used a collage style that replicates the TMCC poster I made for Photoshop just because I really enjoy that design. I went with a simplistic feel on both. For my second design, I wanted to challenge myself with an accordion style drop down page from each link but with a super simple layout and color scheme because I thought it was easy to navigate. I definitely enjoy my collage design more and was thinking that I might make a similar but different collage for each inner page in relation to what the page is about. These are very rough around the edges but I only wanted to convey my layouts and ideas rather than a polished piece.
Attachments
home_rough_v1.jpg
inner_rough_v1.jpg
home_rough_v2.jpg
inner_rough_v2.jpg
Kind Regards,
Dallas Avery Jones
wooster.avery@gmail.com | (775)338-7346

]“Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality.” - Edgar Allan Poe

j.alexis93

Re: Preliminary Critique #3

Post by j.alexis93 »

I think doing the accordion drop down page is a really neat idea. I feel that your subheads should be aligned to the left though.
ALEXIS ROSALES

sara_kennedy1

Post by sara_kennedy1 »

I like the first layout, shows your photoshop skills!
Plus its easy to read and navigate through.

-Sara Kennedy

warren.asher@gmail.com

Post by warren.asher@gmail.com »

I think the first one works better because the images express the GRC program better. I would just suggest using some TMCC green to make it more TMCC like.
-Warren Asher-

japanese_panda

Post by japanese_panda »

I like top one. nice color scheme!

I would like to put some TMCC green on the front page.

Nice work Avery!
Yoshiki Katabami

Blackfïsk

Post by Blackfïsk »

I think the top one is better designed but that image seems disconnected from anything without a proper explanation. To be honest when I see your poster without context, and the clock it says to me; "This program will take a shit ton of time and energy." which isn't really the goal I think.

I know you're a kickass designer, you can make these really great, it's only a preliminary but I bet you can make the first read better.

papasmurf124

Post by papasmurf124 »

I feel like it's time to get off my ass and go to college is a great idea; nice psych effect. I'd go with that one. Just blow up the logo and makit it fit more in the ^ of the hands. That will press the Tmcc idea more... No Green.....
Robert Freudenthaler

punkassbookjockey

Post by punkassbookjockey »

I like the top design, I think the clock shows "time is in your hands" really strong start. I would like to see where you take it. (maybe you could add a really subtle caption under the clock to read subliminally like "it's time...")
Jena Molina

sierra_style

Post by sierra_style »

I like your first layout more. Looks very interesting and easy to navigate. I wish the mid-top part of the hands wasn't invisible though haha. I think your inside page could be more exciting which I know you could do with your skillzzz. Nice work though.
Mark Sinnott

nicolemae09

Post by nicolemae09 »

I for sure like the first one with your collage image. Its much more interesting then the other.