Projetc #3 - Preliminary Critique

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.
j.alexis93

Projetc #3 - Preliminary Critique

Post by j.alexis93 »

For my first design, I wanted a clean yet sleek look. I took inspiration from other websites while designing the navigation bar. The icons have a very minimalistic look that helps with sleekness of the site. It also gave me a lot of open space to play with. I was thinking of doing a different color for every page. I think it speaks to art aspect of graphic design.

My second design is a somewhat recycled design that I didn't get to use for a TMCC brochure. The only aspect I recycled from the old design was the brush strokes. I think they add a slight contemporary touch that make it look "artsy".
Attachments
project_3.jpg
project_3_2.jpg
project_3_3.jpg
project_3_4.jpg
ALEXIS ROSALES

daveryjones

Re: Projetc #3 - Preliminary Critique

Post by daveryjones »

I really enjoy your bottom design. It is visually appealing and has great contrast. I love the movement within the design. Is there a reason you made the stuff on the left not all align at the same point on the right? Like where the headline is closer to your white box than the other type.. You always have amazing ideas so keep up the good work man! Great start, I look forward to seeing the finished site.
Kind Regards,
Dallas Avery Jones
wooster.avery@gmail.com | (775)338-7346

]“Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality.” - Edgar Allan Poe

sara_kennedy1

Post by sara_kennedy1 »

Second layout is awesome!
nice job!!

-Sara Kennedy

warren.asher@gmail.com

Post by warren.asher@gmail.com »

I like the second one its super cool. My only suggestion would be to put some boxes with light transparency behind the body copy so you can read the type better
-Warren Asher-

japanese_panda

Post by japanese_panda »

I like top one, I like your type font on front page.

and nice color work!
Yoshiki Katabami

Blackfïsk

Post by Blackfïsk »

I really love the typography on the first one, the second has a cool swipe element but I feel like it was used too much, seems overbearing, I would combine the two but use that cool swipe graphic sparingly, just as a punch of coolness.

lsimgrc175

Post by lsimgrc175 »

I like the second one better but I agree with Tucker; maybe just the main smudge for the page you are on, in the different colors you have set up already.
-End message

papasmurf124

Post by papasmurf124 »

Wow Great concepts. I might have to barrow one lol jk. Cant wait to see the final product from either one.
Robert Freudenthaler

punkassbookjockey

Post by punkassbookjockey »

I like the bottom one better, but would like to see the colors from the top one used in it. Both are visually strong ideas. Good job!
Jena Molina

sierra_style

Post by sierra_style »

I like the page on the Course Offerings in your second layout idea. I would use that page and make the site off of it. I think you can read easily off of it and it is very exciting to look at without being too distracting.
Mark Sinnott