pr3 prelim

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.
papasmurf124

pr3 prelim

Post by papasmurf124 »

Here are my roughs tell me what you think. not sure if they work but it's a work in progress. just trying to think outside the box.
Attachments
contentpage_o2.png
homepage_o2.png
contentpage_o1.png
homepage_o1.png
Robert Freudenthaler

punkassbookjockey

Re: pr3 prelim

Post by punkassbookjockey »

I like the backgrounds of both, but the second is my favorite. I don't like the brown boxes though. I'm not sure the melon head is something you want to use to highlight the work. Try a different picture.
Jena Molina

sierra_style

Post by sierra_style »

I like the second design more. Just not sure of the background image, doesn't seem to fit a graphics program.
Mark Sinnott

j.alexis93

Post by j.alexis93 »

I prefer the top one cuz it feels more like TMCC, but the white boxes aren't working for me.
ALEXIS ROSALES

warren.asher@gmail.com

Post by warren.asher@gmail.com »

I think the first on works better. I would suggest filling the entire square instead of just the outline stroke. It will make the title page and links easier to see and navigate
-Warren Asher-

daveryjones

Post by daveryjones »

I definitely like the top design better. Take away the white boxes though. Keep up the good work and keep thinking outside of the box.
Kind Regards,
Dallas Avery Jones
wooster.avery@gmail.com | (775)338-7346

]“Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality.” - Edgar Allan Poe

natsukigrc175

Post by natsukigrc175 »

I like the top one because it is more interesting to look at. I think you can get rid of the white box around the melon head and text.
Natsuki Tonuma

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

I think your first design is quite a bit stronger. I like the star field that glows a TMCC green. It's high contrast and provides a good background for your content, both textual and image based. I also like the idea of a center aligned navigation with content in two columns on either side. I also find the heist move poster portrait of Brian, Ron, and Dan quite hilarious. You've got good bones with this one and a lot of area to play with different layouts. Is it intended to be individual pages or an endless scroller?

You don't need the white boxes though. Your background provides enough contrast as it is. Loose 'em, but keep your layout the same. Also, label your navigation, just having dots to move around fall into the mystery meat navigation trap.

Nice work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

ravennvrmre

Post by ravennvrmre »

Both designs could work. I like the layout of both with the navigation in the middle; though I’m not sure how noticeable it’ll be in the first one (personally I like the circles). I like in the second one that you incorporated the tmcc mountain into the background. For the first I would put transparent boxes behind your text it’s hard to read. Great start though.
Vicki Miller

Computer Lover

Post by Computer Lover »

I prefer the second one over the first. It appears to be more thought out and the top does well to serve as a header of sorts. It's also much easier to read than the first. The body text should probably be smaller and justified so it looks clean. The food face is parodic, right? If not, perhaps a more serious image could serve to represent the department.
- Starla Houck