Hi everyone!

Please introduce yourself here. C'mon, don't be shy!
erose

Hi everyone!

Post by erose »

My name is Ed. I have been attending TMCC since Spring 2015. I received my AAS for computer programming last semester and after completing this course, I will earn my AAS for Web Development. I really think that the CIT Web Dev program needs more GRC courses. Without GRC 119 and this course, I would have been lost in the code and know very little about nice looking web design.
I am currently employed at PDI as their System Engineer, and I also donate some of my time and all of my skills to the Washoe County School District as one of their Web Developers. I am looking forward to getting to know all of you as the semester progresses.
Let's do this thing!! :D

Adobe WanKenobi

Re: Hi everyone!

Post by Adobe WanKenobi »

Hi there Ed, nice to meet ya. I just went to check out the PDI website, it's got some fancy motion going on there. Did you do that site?

Instructor
Site Admin

Re: Hi everyone!

Post by Instructor »

Hello, Ed. Welcome to the madness that is GRC 175! :twisted: Don't worry too much about adapting to design. You'll get a Reader's Digest version of the basics in a few classes this opening month. I also have a billion resources on the topic in the Resources subforum. As for the code, I think you'll have an easier time of it since you already have back end experience. The syntax of HTML is super easy; CSS is also pretty straightforward. And once you master the syntax, it's all vocabulary word memorization at that point.

I'm looking forward to seeing what websitess you'll build for me, especially Project 2.

Don't forget to create a signature with your name in it as well.
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173