Project 1 Final

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
Adobe WanKenobi

Project 1 Final

Post by Adobe WanKenobi »

Here is my project 1 final.
Attachments
project1_final.jpg

Instructor
Site Admin

Re: Project 1 Final

Post by Instructor »

Wow. If anything, it's even bleaker than before.

Did you darken this thing?! Now it's like the inside of my head when I get delayed for two days in an airport. The splash of color is still serving to deliver us false hope, I see. The slight sepia tone to everything that isn't a pale seafoam green serves to enhance the depression of the whole thing. Your navigation continues to be well placed if content sparse now. I still like the airport window as well. You can watch other people try to remember their humanity as well. Is the airplane at the top (well placed and draws the eye BTW) a metaphor for our souls leaving? Or is it just our collective hopes and dreams abandoning us at the airport of life? The world may never know. Oh yeah, your typefaces are working well too. Nice job matching airport signage.

I think the navigation will look better as it fills out a little more. I also find your bodycopy a touch hard to read against the moving sidewalk texture. I think a soft black glow would pop it enough to make it more legible. Justifying the body copy would harden it and make it fit better in the composition as well.

Nice work!

That sig still cracks me up, BTW.
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

Stephski

Post by Stephski »

Hello!
I still enjoy the color you chose as well as your navigation. But I agree with what Michael said, I too struggle with the bodycopy. Other than that, it looks great! I'm looking forward to seeing the live version.
- Stephanie Kendziorski.

michelek

Post by michelek »

Hey Jared,

Really like the concept and the look of your website. The only thing that needs tweaking is the body copy; strong visual background competing with the text. Nice work!
Michele K Ott

erose

Post by erose »

Hi Jared:

Nice looking page! I like how you tucked the main body into the lower right corner giving your header & nav areas a wrapping around look. All of the colors are awesome together. I like looking at it. My suggestion would be maybe add some effects to the text so it can stand out over the vertical bars beneath them. It's a wee bit tricky to read as-is. Well done!

KKentera_5000

Post by KKentera_5000 »

Hey Jared. Yeah It's a very sleek design concept. I enjoy the splash of color on top of the rusted out greyscale and duotone stuff you have going on, very fresh indeed!
I like the background for the body copy and would like to see what would happen if you dropped a lil' fuzz shadow behind it. Great work! keep it up Dogg!
Kevin Kentera

BreeAnn

Post by BreeAnn »

Hi Jared,

I can't really tell what's different from the prelim, but I like it better than before. A couple of suggestions, there's a dot on the background image right at the end of the first line of body copy that looks like a period, I read the first line a couple of times until I realized that it wasn't a period. Also, in the picture there's the number 43, and your site is called j-28, could you change the 43 to 28, or does the 43 have some other meaning?
BreeAnn St.Onge

ZeraOtaku

Post by ZeraOtaku »

Hey Jared!

Love your colors and your layout, but it is really hard to your text.

EduardoG

Post by EduardoG »

Hi Jared,
Great layout you having going on in the web page design. The two different images, with the contrast in dark and bright gives a nice feel to the webpage design, seems great! The navigation seems okay, but why so few buttons?
The second paragraph should probably be removed, and create a contacts button instead.
- Eduardo Garcia

IvorHarvey

Post by IvorHarvey »

I like how your design has a box around the body copy that is slightly off centered, it gives it a unique look that most websites don't normally use in their layouts. The background image really blends well with the overall design, and it appears to be easy enough to navigate.
Ivor Harvey