Project 1 - Larry Rubald

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
Ravana

My site...

Post by Ravana »

....is up!

http://www.grc175.com/student/fall_2011 ... ce_rubald/

Let me know what you think! :)
This post has been brought to you by the letter X, the number 5, and Larry Rubald.
"It's irony at a base level, but I like it." ~Bill Hicks

smith206

Re: My site...

Post by smith206 »

I think your site should have content when you load it. It just looks empty and unfinished because there is just the navigation and a blank sheet. Maybe you could start off on the info page or add some kind of graphic, could be a subtle one since it looks like that is what you are going for but something is needed imo. Otherwise looks good.
Kyle Smith

MadBroChadBro

Post by MadBroChadBro »

I really like the simplicity of it and how clean it looks. I do agree with Kyle, that when it loads there should be something there. I think overall it is really good. I love the rollover buttons and the color choices with them. Nice job!
Charlie Lipon
"Why you mad Bro"

Ravana

Post by Ravana »

So, I've added a little something on initial load. (A quote from a book I like.) Also, I thinned up the copy area and made the font a bit smaller, while giving the nav a touch more space up top. Also, I made the links in my info section (which are really just supposed to be subtle additions to what I'm saying anyway - some amusing, some informative) a little more "easter egg-y" by removing the underline from them.

Thanks for the feedback! :)
This post has been brought to you by the letter X, the number 5, and Larry Rubald.

smith206

Post by smith206 »

Yeah it looks much more complete on first load now. I didn't even notice the links in your info section before but that is a cool idea definitely grabs your attention once you discover it.
Kyle Smith

Ravana

Project 1 - Larry Rubald

Post by Ravana »

Here's my project 1 website for grading and critiquing....

http://grc175.com/student/fall_2011/lawrence_rubald/

@instructor: feel free to consolidate this thread with this one: http://www.grc175.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=137

brienicole

Re: Project 1 - Larry Rubald

Post by brienicole »

I do like the cleanness of it. I think that the link titles could be a bit closer to the icons, but it turned out nicely!
~Brianne Porterfield
"What a crazy random happenstance!"

smith206

Post by smith206 »

I just posted on your site earlier today but ill reiterate. I like the links in the info text and the clean look of your site. Looks great
Kyle Smith

miss_kristine

Post by miss_kristine »

I think you've executed you concept fabulously. I love the simplicity of the overall look, and the pops of color in the rollovers. I do agree that the type should be a little closer to the buttons.
Kristine Toward

jfotodesign

Post by jfotodesign »

dude this is awesome. i like its simpleness and cleanness, looks European-esk mayby make the type on the buttons bigger but not too much
my Kia beats