project_1_jeff_schwedes

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
Truben

project_1_jeff_schwedes

Post by Truben »

brienicole

Re: project_1_jeff_schwedes

Post by brienicole »

man some of those links are awesome (wink wink) but I like that you added the color when I remember your roughs. Nice work. Dont love the yellow type but its readable.
~Brianne Porterfield
"What a crazy random happenstance!"

hillysho

Post by hillysho »

Jeff,

I agree with Brie the addition of the color is fantastic. I'm not crazy about the size of the content area. It seems like you could incorporate it more into the design.

Hilary
Hilary Shohoney

smith206

Post by smith206 »

I like the daytime to night time theme but I agree I think the content area should be a but bigger. Maybe use the header area as a background and up the content on top of it. Otherwise I enjoyed the look of your site.
Kyle Smith

LindsWalters

Post by LindsWalters »

Jeff, I also liked that you added the color. And how one side is day and the other night. Hopefully you learn some way to have the clock go around in a circle and tell time. That would be a great finishing touch to your homepage. Also, your links work, along with bring up your style guide, and your sites goals.
Lindsey Walters

zelouzelou

Post by zelouzelou »

Wow, this looks alot different than I had expected, but I like it! It'll be cool when you get your clock working too. Good job with the execution of your idea that you had talked about in prelim crit. My only other thought is that I think you could make the grass shadow more believable... it's a little repetitive. What's your clothing company?
Kathyleen Bullard

Lundholm

Post by Lundholm »

I love your site! I have some Javascript skill and I'm going to break out my old Javascript textbooks because I actually WANT to help you get your clock running. Your site shows so much potential! Contact me and with any luck we'll be able to find a good time to meet to get that clock running! Unless you'd rather do it yourself. It would take some complicated javascript though if you want it to tell the real time... otherwise you could use Flash.
- Nathan Lundholm

TinaBodden

Post by TinaBodden »

Nice work. I like the color as well. I agree with the content area. Maybe you could have the box extend up when you click on the links. (just an idea) :)

Tina Bodden
~Tina Bodden~

Dave

Post by Dave »

I'm a big fan of the night and day concept and the clock idea's pretty rad too. however, i'm not a fan of using the clock to go back to your self description. i only found out about it by a fluke clicking of it.
i feel like using comic sans for your font lessens the professionalism of it. if you like comic sans, and it's relevant somehow to you, than by all means, it's go for it! it just doesn't seem to be working with the rest of the design.
going back to the night and day concept, i really like how you have your face repeating through the composition the way you do, it gives it movement and is (to me) representative of the sun rising and setting. overall, great job!
David Bjerre

I found sand!

olddragon

Post by olddragon »

I think this turned out very well. Wish the clock worked. I just want it to do something.

If I look too closely at the faded faces to the right, it bothers me, but when I look at the whole page at once it works, so I am not suggesting a change there.

All in all, very good.
Arlene Williams
Old dragons get tired but they can still flame. Beware!