Project 1 - David Bjerre

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
Dave

Project 1 - David Bjerre

Post by Dave »

http://grc175.com/student/fall_2011/dav ... index.html
here's my site, it's a little large, but that kind of suites me. if you take the time to read it you'll notice that the word being described matches the last word of the previous description. it's a little psychedelic to figure out, i'm sure if you stare at it long enough you'll get it.....
David Bjerre

I found sand!

brienicole

Re: Project 1 - David Bjerre

Post by brienicole »

Super fun and super clean. I wish most of it were more above the fold but ya its perrrty!
~Brianne Porterfield
"What a crazy random happenstance!"

smith206

Post by smith206 »

Looks awesome and very clean. I just want it to spin around every time i look at it. It really isn't that big, but you have a 400px-ish right margin that is pushing your site over a lot and making it look really big. If you could correct that it would look normal size. Like the design though.
Kyle Smith

miss_kristine

Post by miss_kristine »

I think it's a wonderfully unique concept and you have brought it together nicely. It could have very easily become an information overload, but you have kept it nice and simple.
Kristine Toward

ashleighP

Post by ashleighP »

Concept=Amazing. The design is simple. My one pet peeve is the size. If you are going for simplicity, you shouldn't have to scroll through. Maybe if you made it a bit smaller so it all fit on the page it would work better. It looks great though!
Ashleigh Porterfield
GRC 175 - Fall 2011

Rogers_Neighborhood

Post by Rogers_Neighborhood »

I really like the site design and how there is a lot to look at but as mentioned before I would like to see everything on one page without having to scroll but is really no big deal.
Carrie Rogers

Lundholm

Post by Lundholm »

That website turns my eyes upside down! In a good way!
I love the Mayan feel that it gives with the wheels.

Even without spinning it gives the illusion of motion.
A WONDERFUL concept, I wish I'd thought of it.
But I concur with those who say they wish they didn't have to scroll. That's the one down side.
- Nathan Lundholm

TinaBodden

Post by TinaBodden »

Came out great. I really like that even though you have to read upside down its still easy to understand.
~Tina Bodden~

olddragon

Post by olddragon »

You did an amazing job. So unique. Everything works together so well. The one thing is it opened really big, not as big as Charlie's, but still it loses something when you can't see the whole of it on the screen when it opens.
Arlene Williams
Old dragons get tired but they can still flame. Beware!

Ravana

Post by Ravana »

I really like this. There's a lot of interesting stuff going on, and definitely gives the illusion of motion even when it's not there. Great stuff. As for the size, it wasn't too wide for me, and honestly, much smaller and you're gonna lose your readability I think. So, maybe shrink it a touch, but mostly I think it works.

Also, I love the references page with the giant eye. :)

Good stuff!
This post has been brought to you by the letter X, the number 5, and Larry Rubald.
"It's irony at a base level, but I like it." ~Bill Hicks