SUPER LATE PROJECT02 BUT PLS CRITIQUE IF YOU SEE ME :3

Post links to your Project Two websites for discussion and feedback.
kelseymarie_ba

SUPER LATE PROJECT02 BUT PLS CRITIQUE IF YOU SEE ME :3

Post by kelseymarie_ba »

Hello everyone,

I apologize for uploading my personal website really late but I hope you guys enjoy!

Because of the late upload, I made sure to make the website responsive but unfortunately when you minimize the page to a mobile version, my navigation bar still needs to become a hamburger menu. I also included the fonts because for me, it was crucial that my headline "Kelsey B." had the "Rendi_Wendi" font because not only was it one of the most important elements but it seemed like a lot of students were a fan of it as well. My layout is pretty simple but I wanted the website to look as close to what I made for the preliminary. Coding definitely is a hard thing to learn and very much a new language but over time, I was able to go through my own personal problem solving and pulled my hair along side everyone! I'm hoping that some of you were able to look over the website and if you have time, can still critique me on what I can do to make the website better!

Here is the link to my website: https://www.grc175.com/student/spring-2 ... -bautista/

Thanks,
Kelsey Bautista

Juan Lara

Re: SUPER LATE PROJECT02 BUT PLS CRITIQUE IF YOU SEE ME :3

Post by Juan Lara »

Hello Kelsey,

I really like how your website looks exactly like the design you did for project 01. Your website is super clean and it is very easy to navigate. I really like the fonts you used for your name and bodycopy, they are definitely appealing. My only suggestion is making your name slightly bigger and making it so you don't have an excessive amount of empty unused space on the right side of the main page. Aside from that, excellent work!
Juan J. Lara Ruelas

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Here's my critique stolen straight from my Canvas message if you don't see that first:

You've done an excellent job of realizing your Project One vision on this Project Two. It looks just like your rough. It's a simple clean layout that focusses the eye on the image and text block. The cream background color warms it up nicely and keeps the clean layout from slipping into coldness. Your image does a lot of that as well, along with adding a splash of color and visual texture. A great little Illustrative image as well as an aesthetically pleasing one. Nice use of a custom font as well. You got it in there! Your navigation is easy to see and use. You've even got a nice little dropdown menu on your Contact! Works well too.

My only real issue with it is that you have a pretty tight margin between your photo and text. I think it would have looked a little visually better to have a little more margin on the left of your type to add some room to breathe between them.

Great work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

qcottel

Post by qcottel »

Hey Kelsey!

A bit late to the party here but, I really like what you did with your project 02!
I love the font you chose and the choice of background color, awesome job!
Quinn Cottel TMCC Student
quinn.cottel@gmail.com