amy_2roughs_again_blue_and_red_together

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
gotsatisfaction247

amy_2roughs_again_blue_and_red_together

Post by gotsatisfaction247 »

two rought together, for some reason, one of them only loaded last time
Attachments
pr1.jpg
pr1_grc175.jpg

Sierragirlnv

Re: amy_2roughs_again_blue_and_red_together

Post by Sierragirlnv »

Hi Amy,
I was wondering if the image in your project one rough (the red one) was made by you? If so, wow you are a very talented artist. I like that rough the best as well.
The other is creative but it was a little all over the place. It was a neat concept but a little too cluttered for easy navigation. I think I read somewhere people give a website less than ten seconds of their attention and if they can't figure it out they will leave the site and go elsewhere. So as much as creativity is important I think a clear idea and user friendly concept works better. (That is my opinion take it as you will) Good job.

Sierragirlnv

paula_b

Post by paula_b »

Hi Amy, I have to go with the red one as well. I prefer a site that is clear in it's navigation. I like the use of color but wonder if it could use just a tad more darker colors to give the eye a rest. Maybe on the buttons. The blue is a great work of art but needs more clarity on the navigation side.
PaulaBurris

dboudinot

Post by dboudinot »

Hi Amy,

I actually like the blue rough more. The radial balance is executed in a unique way. I am interest to know where you will put your headline and body copy; you may have to adjust your buttons when you put those elements into the composition, but I like the overall effect of the webpage a lot.

The red rough looks good too, but if you decide to go with that one I would adjust the value of the red in the buttons so it does not compete with the type as much.
Dominique Boudinot

justinepaigek

Post by justinepaigek »

Amy-

Very cool designs! Although the second one is pretty unique, I am leaning more towards the first layout. I love the artwork, and the type choices. I would probably not make all those buttons that jarring shade of red, just because it's seems to be competing the image and is such an aggressive color. I'd probably go with that nice mustardy yellow for your buttons, instead. Hope this helps :)
"I believe if you look hard, there are more wonders in this universe than you could ever have dreamed of."

Van Gogh said this. Not the real one, probably, just the one in that episode of Doctor Who.

ElizabethBrass

Post by ElizabethBrass »

Hi Amy,

I like your red rough more because it is you and shows off your amazing talent as an artist. I agree that the buttons would be less aggravating to the eye if they were a warm yellow, or if you really wanted them to be red maybe a much lighter tint of the same color.
Elizabeth_Brass

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Well Amy, you've really outdone yourself here. These are two excellent designs. Either could be used to great effect as your website.

I personally prefer your second design. I think the circular navigation and layout is a real eye catcher (bad pun) and the eye background image lends itself to so many uses. I like the multiple colors and the detail in it. You can go a lot of different directions with this one.

I would add a bit more contrast to it though. In your first design it's very obvious where your navigation is. Less so on the second. I think making some form of drop shadow or thicker outline for your buttons would draw the eye to them better.

An awesome start. Very nice indeed.
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

Miasera

Post by Miasera »

Amy, both of these are great and stunning. They really catch your attention without straining the eye, and I really like that about them. I'm leaning more toward the second one, you just need to find a good place in which to put your about me. The first one is also good, but I think more could be done with the vertical titles that would make them match the rest of the layout.
Cristina Sánchez
|| Certified Turtlefied

ryansegal

Post by ryansegal »

Amy,

Both of your designs are incredibly unique and represent your style very well. I prefer the red rough to the other, as it seems like it's much easier to navigate while still displaying your style very well. The second design is too busy, and doesn't seem particularly unified in any aspect. Looking forward to your final design!
Ryan Segal
Radical Boy on a Mission

georgia_novotny

Post by georgia_novotny »

Hi Amy,
Wow, there is a lot of things going on on your home page designs.

I personally like the bottom one because I am attracted to the artistic elements of the design...I like how you did the navigation.

One thing to think about is that the first one is more legible and in the first 3 seconds you can read where things are rather than looking around for them.

To attract a wider range of people I think the first one is more readable. Which I think is the main point of the home page. More expression can go to the sub pages etc.

Both designs are very artistic and you have a great style that your trying to communicate with your webpage, which you do.

Georgia