New Website Roughs

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
justinepaigek

New Website Roughs

Post by justinepaigek »

Hi, All. I didn't mean to make everybody do extra work and have to comment again but I have come up with a couple new design roughs for my website. I must confess that the first couple roughs weren't very well-thought-out, and the more I thought about it, the more I hated them because it shows no reflection of who I am as an artist nor does it reflect any type of personality. I decided to take to my sketchbook and came up with the concept that my website would be just that- a vector line doodle of a sketchbook that looks like one would just happen upon it as if it had been sitting on my desk. I have a logo that I placed at the top, and I'm thinking I'll put some more images in here, but perhaps do vector doodles of those, too, to keep consistent with the artsy theme. Thoughts? (I would greatly appreciate any feedback and if you prefer these over the first two, as I do love these way more!)
Attachments
proj_1_rough_sketch_1.jpeg
proj_1_rough_sketch_2.jpeg
"I believe if you look hard, there are more wonders in this universe than you could ever have dreamed of."

Van Gogh said this. Not the real one, probably, just the one in that episode of Doctor Who.

paula_b

Re: New Website Roughs

Post by paula_b »

Hi Justine!

I love your new roughs! What a great idea that is so you! I felt like i wanted to turn the page on the top drawing. The navigation seems to all be connected to one another, that is too different for this brain. Lol! I feel like your name should be next to your head, to create some hierarchy in your page. You are going to rock this!
PaulaBurris

recordd

Re: New Website Roughs

Post by recordd »

Hi Justine,

Great job on these! I love that your are creating a sketchbook website...what a great idea to represent your artistic side in this way. I love it! Just like Paula said it made me want to turn the page to find out more about you and your work. I am leaning more towards sketch #2 because I like that you placed your navigate on the left side, I think it would be a little easier for the user to navigation and you see it right away. I love your logo on both pages...I think it portrays your artistic style well, but I feel that it would personalize your page a little more if you add your initials above or underneath with a nice font that seems artsy like (maybe script) and then I would suggest that you add your name to the right of that above your paragraph in that same font. I can't wait to see your your final rough and the vector images that your are planning to add! :-)
Danielle Record