Project One Final

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
justinepaigek

Project One Final

Post by justinepaigek »

Hi, all!

For my final design I went with the second idea of my most recent roughs. This was based off the concept of a sketchbook, stylized in simple vector lines and minimal uses of color (I wanted to mimic the creamy vanilla pages of my favorite one). I decided to stick my logo (complete with my signature) right above the body copy, as I felt it was a better use of the space so that I was able to leave the navigation links on the left, loosely following the curves of the sketchbook. For contrast and variation, I went with a loopy little typeface to grace the first letter of each link (and the start of my main paragraph) along with a pop of dark fuschia. I really like how this turned out, and it does feel very "me" as opposed to the first couple ideas I had before. I hope you all like it :)
first_website_jk.jpg

These are my references,

http://www.entheosweb.com/website_design/default.asp

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/10/ ... NE20131028

Followed by the sites I used as creative inspiration for my original roughs

https://medium.com/

https://store.kaufmann-mercantile.com/
"I believe if you look hard, there are more wonders in this universe than you could ever have dreamed of."

Van Gogh said this. Not the real one, probably, just the one in that episode of Doctor Who.

lingling_chen

Re: Project One Final

Post by lingling_chen »

Hi, Justin
I really like your head mark logo you created, just like you, great!
Lingling

paula_b

Post by paula_b »

Hi Justine!

This is totally you! I like the simplicity of it and the dash of color. I still want to flip the pages!!
PaulaBurris

wendy_boddy

Post by wendy_boddy »

Love your site. Its very clean and let's me a get a sense of your personality. You could put a paper texture on the background instead of the cream color if you wanted to add a notebook feeling to it.
-wendy

recordd

Post by recordd »

Hi Justine,
I love this, it is simplistic, easy to navigate, and eye catching! I love that it looks like you just drew it and posted it. I am not to familiar with vector designs so thank you for doing one. Your layout is an inspiration for me because I think it is amazing! It amazes me that I seen your wonderful drawings for your roughs in an actual notebook and then viewing it in a Photoshop layout and it looks exactly like your drawing is well accomplished that is for sure. I love your logo with your signature that is a nice touch of your personality. One suggestion that would give is creating the notebook feel. Wendy suggested I would add a paper texture to it and I have to agree that is what it needs to be even more unique than it already is. Awesome Job!
Danielle Record

mlauc

Post by mlauc »

Hi Justine,

I really like your homepage. The simple self portrait illustration beautifully compliments the whimsical style of your design. The signature makes it even more personal and appealing.
Matthew

ElizabethBrass

Post by ElizabethBrass »

I love your new home page! It is so you! I like the simplicity of it and also the hand drawn feel of it. Your logo and signature are the perfect match to the page. Great job!
Elizabeth_Brass

aslychsm

Post by aslychsm »

This is so cute! Especially your little logo, to me that's the star of the whole layout! I really like how you applied the sketchbook idea, and made all the details seem hand drawn. I know you're going for a very simple and minimalist approach, and it works very well, but it just seems a little plain. If I could recommend anything, I would give the background some color, maybe a very light gray, to help push up the sketchbook illustration. Also, I think it would be great if you put in some random doodles in and around the edges/corners, just quick outlines, maybe in red, or light gray, to further emphasize the sketchbook concept,. Hope this helps!
a s h l e y c h i s a m

rrodriguez

Post by rrodriguez »

Justine…you chose to embrace white space a lot and it is working for you. I like your intro paragraph and hand written name/icon. Your page definitely gives off a personal touch. Your navigation buttons are clear and to the point. Everything is where its suppose to be
"Something profound and awesome here and here and here..."– Rosa Rodriguez

Sierragirlnv

Post by Sierragirlnv »

Hi Justine,

I like your layout for project one. I like the colors. You had an idea and were able to make it happen digitally from your drawing. I really like the implied lines on your image you drew. I would make the lines a little thicker for your back round and see if continuing your design to the footer with the pink first letter.
Good job.

Sierragirlnv