Project 1 Final

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
old_man_pat

Project 1 Final

Post by old_man_pat »

Thank you all for you input last time. Based on your advice, I changed the following:
centered navigation menu in the header bar;
changed & increased font size for headers, body copy, content & class info to Avante Garde;
increased leading to the body copy and set it to align left;
modified the width of the footer and body content so it's less condensed;
replaced background image to reduce white space, put more emphasis on the paragraph, and stay with my 30's/40's retro cinema theme;
carried film strip down so it clips behind bottom footer.

Any other advice is appreciated.

Thanks for your help!

Attachments
Slightly modified final project ....
Slightly modified final project ....
Last edited by old_man_pat on Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Patrick Smith
“To find yourself, think for yourself.”
-Socrates

paula_b

Re: Project 1 Final

Post by paula_b »

Hi Patrick!

Your layout is very nice. The changes that you've made really tightened it up and gave it nice balance. I've got nothing to say as far as improvement, you nailed it!
PaulaBurris

justinepaigek

Post by justinepaigek »

Hi, Patrick!

Very cool layout, your love of film isn't dubious. Your layout is pretty basic, which makes it easy to navigate, and users will appreciate that. But while I love the theme you've gone for, I feel it's just a tad impersonal. What I mean is, this could be someone's personal website, but it could also be the website of a video production company. I would love to see a headshot or similar indication that this page belongs to YOU. Hope this helps :)
"I believe if you look hard, there are more wonders in this universe than you could ever have dreamed of."

Van Gogh said this. Not the real one, probably, just the one in that episode of Doctor Who.

wendy_boddy

Post by wendy_boddy »

Your site looks great and the changes and choices you made worked well. Wouldn't change a thing.
-wendy

recordd

Post by recordd »

Hi Patrick,
I really like what changes you have made! Your layout is well balanced, I like that you continued the film strip behind your body content, and I love the image that you chose. The idea of the vintage camera goes well with the film strip. Your navigation and name look great the way you placed it and made the font bigger. I really don't have any suggestions for you it looks perfect the way it is. Great Job!
Danielle Record

mlauc

Post by mlauc »

Hi Patrick,

I really like the changes you've made in the design. The nostalgic cinema style is very appealing and makes me want to explore more of your site. Great job!
Matthew

aslychsm

Post by aslychsm »

Awesome job improving from your roughs! Immediately after seeing your layout I get that you possess a love of old films, and that's great, combined with your description, user's will quickly be able to relate with you, which is important. As far as critiques go, I think this is a wonderful first project final, my only real suggestion is to switch 'project 2' and 'project 3' around, as that seems a little confusing at first. And maybe tinker with the background color a bit more. I think it would look great if you grabbed that red-brown color off the camera, darkened it, and set that as the background. Either way, well done!
a s h l e y c h i s a m

rrodriguez

Post by rrodriguez »

Patrick Smith…I like your home page a lot. It's clean and professional. The picture of the camera gives your website a nice personal touch of what you like. Your links are placed in cleaver spots. The placement of your paragraph in a dark box and film strip behind it create another design element that works good next to the camera. I wouldn't change a thing
"Something profound and awesome here and here and here..."– Rosa Rodriguez

Sierragirlnv

Post by Sierragirlnv »

Hi Patrick,
I really like the theme of your design it really communicates the idea well. I was wondering, the header and footer seem soft is that intentional? I personally don't like that when looking at something it makes me squint to try to see sharpened details, however it could be part of the idea and repeat the theme. Maybe it is because I am always trying for the sharpest images I can get as a photographer.
Great job.

Sierragirlnv

schakarun714

Post by schakarun714 »

Awesome layout. all the elements are cohesively placed and everything looks thought out and neat.
Shalie C. Forever Dreaming