Project 1 - Final Design

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
rrodriguez

Project 1 - Final Design

Post by rrodriguez »

Good Morning, Good Afternoon, Good Evening Everyone...

My name is Rosa Rodriguez and this is my final design concept for my home page of Project 1. I picked the design with a picture of snake river (in Idaho, of all places) as my background picture. It has a personal meaning to me because I don't know my relatives that well. And one summer I decided to take a very long road trip with my aunts to Idaho to visit some distant relatives. (I highly DON'T recommend that, unless you really love your relatives). We stopped every 3 hours to eat, visit dollar tree stores, bathroom breaks and of course, the all important candy breaks. I took elements from my other design such as the buttons and matched them to this current design. I made my title of my name more cleaner and smoother. I created a dark box all around because I imagined the center box to be where my artwork and other pieces will display images, as our projects progress. I'm happy with the overall look, but I definitely know it will be changed as the semester continues. And thanks to everyone who made suggestions, they were very helpful. :)
Attachments
grc175_project1_rr.jpg
"Something profound and awesome here and here and here..."– Rosa Rodriguez

paula_b

Re: Project 1 - Final Design

Post by paula_b »

Hi Rosa!

Nice job! The color scheme is great and the box works well for your text. I think you should have your name on the top or at least in the text.
PaulaBurris

wendy_boddy

Post by wendy_boddy »

Hi Rosa,
I love the image and the shadowed around it really pulls you eye in. I agree with Paul and would like to see your whole name somewhere on the site.
-wendy

justinepaigek

Post by justinepaigek »

Rosa-

Great layout! There really is a nice dimensionality to it! I also love your background image- takes me to a place I've never been :) The only thing I would like to see is perhaps a different typeface to contrast that of the body copy. Right now it's all a sans-serif typeface, which makes it for being super legible. However I think you can find a nice typeface with just a hint more personality in it to use for your links in your navigation :)
"I believe if you look hard, there are more wonders in this universe than you could ever have dreamed of."

Van Gogh said this. Not the real one, probably, just the one in that episode of Doctor Who.

recordd

Post by recordd »

Hi Rosa,
I really like what you have done to this layout! Great idea on merging your navigation from your other design to this one it looks really well together and it is well balanced with the rest of your design. I like how you placed both boxes on this design because the bigger one gives your design a 3D look & is visually appealing. The smaller black box with your about me paragraph caught my attention right away because it pops out at you. I have two suggestions for you. One I would add your name to the header like our fellows studdents have suggested. I think you could make your paragraph font a little larger, otherwise great job!
Danielle Record

mlauc

Post by mlauc »

Hi Rosa,
I really like the juxtaposition between the environmental landscape and the cool, modern san serif font choice. It gives the overall design a certain edge about it. I agree with the others, I think your name should be incorporated at the top. Awesome work!
Matthew

aslychsm

Post by aslychsm »

This is super cool! I really like how you utilized that darker box and inner glow/shadow it gives everything nice depth and proportion. Plus, the color tints and photo blend so well together. Overall, it's a very strong design! Nice and neat, and easy to navigate. Great job! My only recommendation is to either center the footer, or align it all on the right, because right now they look like they're spaced apart too much.
a s h l e y c h i s a m

Sierragirlnv

Post by Sierragirlnv »

Hi Rosa,

I like the hierarchy of your design and how your name frames the rest of your design. I would think about a different type face to incorporate the rest of the design but I like how you used opacity on your images. Good job.

Sierragirlnv

kiwakom

Post by kiwakom »

Did you put outer shadow around the dark box? That's looks amazing! I like that!
It makes photo stand out well.
Great job!

Kiwako

dboudinot

Post by dboudinot »

Hi, Rosa,

I think your overall design is working well. I like the depth of the image, and the shadows are definitely cool. I agree you should put your name on the page, and I don't like the white highlight through the yellow text on the buttons, but other than that the layering you have going on is really interesting. Good Job!
Dominique Boudinot