Project one online final

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
Suigeneris

Project one online final

Post by Suigeneris »

Ah yes hello there this is my project one final version. I went for an artistic look without passing too much into fine artist territory. I used a CMYK kind of color scheme with (for definition's sake) a psuedo combination mark ultilizing Mistral type and a fractal which is supposed to give an impression of a paint splatter.

I am aware that Its a little bit awkward as the layout doesn't scream animator and I while I am using for layout for a grade If I have I time outside of the GRC classes I will illustrate something special and update the layout
Attachments
project_1_175_jj.jpg

paula_b

Re: Project one online final

Post by paula_b »

Hi Jason!

I like the overall look of your layout. The navigation is simple and clear. The only change that I would make is to take the drop shadow off of the text.
PaulaBurris

justinepaigek

Post by justinepaigek »

Hi, Jason!

The first thing I thought upon looking at your comp is that you were aiming to pay tribute to the CMYK palette. That's pretty cool and unique! I love your background image, I don't even know what it is but I like it! The main feedback I would like to voice is to get rid of that drop shadow of your body copy, it makes the text pretty difficult to read and distracts from the overall design, just because it's so jarring.
"I believe if you look hard, there are more wonders in this universe than you could ever have dreamed of."

Van Gogh said this. Not the real one, probably, just the one in that episode of Doctor Who.

recordd

Post by recordd »

Hi Jason,
Great layout! What really grabbed my attention was the design that you used behind your name, I love it! It screams creativity! Your color scheme is visually appealing and unique! The one suggestion that I would make is I agree with our fellow students to remove the drop shadow from your body content it is hard to read. Otherwise, awesome Job!
Danielle Record

wendy_boddy

Post by wendy_boddy »

Jason,
I like the text treatment and the smoky water thing in the back.looks v=cool. I am thinking the drop shadow behind the paragraph makes it a little hard to read.

wendy

mlauc

Post by mlauc »

Jason,
The design behind your name is very cool and creative. The only change I would suggest is to reduce the size of the navigation links to give your name more prominence and to remove the shadow behind the body copy. Nice job!
Matthew

aslychsm

Post by aslychsm »

Cool idea! I like the bright colors, and simplistic approach. That swooshy design behind your name is fun to look at, it sort of drags your eye around the page. As most people already said, the drop shadow is distracting, I also feel like you could lower the main text body, so that it sits in the center more. Also, if you plan on keeping the swooshy graphic, I think placing your name lower on the layout (maybe right above the description) would help balance everything more. Plus, the swoosh would lead right into your name, which would be neat!
a s h l e y c h i s a m

rrodriguez

Post by rrodriguez »

Jason Jone…I like your page for the main reason that it pops out at you. The color choices are bright. The illustration creates a sense of movement and is dynamic. I like the font choices and play with type as well. If I had to change one thing … it would be the gradient in the body copy of your paragraph. The light magenta to dark magenta make the font move, which is cool. Makes the eye bounce a little, but also is a little hard to read.
"Something profound and awesome here and here and here..."– Rosa Rodriguez

Sierragirlnv

Post by Sierragirlnv »

Hi Jason,
That is definitely an eye catching website you have there. The color choices are bold. I like the mistral type choice. I would take the shadow off the type in the about me column I feel it is a little dizzying. Good job.

Sierragirlnv.

kiwakom

Post by kiwakom »

I really like your design and color choices, but I think you don't need the drop shadow off of the text. It's hard to read :(

Kiwako